Starting now: Sound Forge, Acid and Samplitude up to 70% off for the summer.

cclarry

19 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

I have no idea what you mean to say.

i « joined » and can say their prices are not at all exceptional.. To avoid.

J

Lost = List.  Rest of the sentence is properly formed, so it should have been easy to work that out.

My phone autocorrected and changed it for some reason.

Thanks for checking.  Personally, I am enjoying a life of little to no solicitations/spam.  That's the only reason why these resellers set up in this way.  To farm email addresses to sell off to solicitors.  Taking one for the team.  I can respect that.

2 hours ago, iNate said:

Lost = List.  Rest of the sentence is properly formed, so it should have been easy to work that out.

My phone autocorrected and changed it for some reason.

Thanks for checking.  Personally, I am enjoying a life of little to no solicitations/spam.  That's the only reason why these resellers set up in this way.  To farm email addresses to sell off to solicitors.  Taking one for the team.  I can respect that.

The team ? Er nope, simply curious. My e-mails have been sold on multiple times, but here in France we've got half decent anti-spam features on the ISP server that catch the majority.

I do have one that I rarely give out, and its safe. No, you can't have it LOL

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

The team ? Er nope, simply curious. My e-mails have been sold on multiple times, but here in France we've got half decent anti-spam features on the ISP server that catch the majority.

I do have one that I rarely give out, and its safe. No, you can't have it LOL

Toujours les francais... /sighs

It's not hard to create a new Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc. account to use for this.  Most of those services are decent enough at filtering spam, as well.

I just can't be bothered to go through the trouble of doing that... just to see how much a shop is selling something for.

There are too many other discount dealers with transparent pricing.

I am not sure why this is such a debate. Lol.

I simply stated that if someone is going to post a link to a shop that has gated pricing, that they should list the pricing for the items in question so that people can decide if it is worth going through the trouble of doing that (or risk giving their personal email accounts) to buy from that vendor.

Nothing about that is unreasonable, controversial... or a hot take.

Bye.

Edited by iNate

16 minutes ago, iNate said:

someone is going to post a link to a shop that has gated pricing, that they should list the pricing for the items in question so that people can decide if it is worth going through

You might be new around here. So I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Larry, who has given many of us so many great deals, he's known as the King around here. He post lots of deals, every day, that help others get deals they otherwise would have missed. The reason he doesn't post the prices is probably to save himself a little time. And the majority of us around here have learned to accept this as part of the deal we get.

BTW I went to the site. As I was gonna post the prices. But there really is too many choices. You curious? Join everyplugin.com and get to know Koby.

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

For individual products I will post prices.  Sometimes for 2...
but when it's an entire range or products then the consumer needs
to go look for themselves.  If you are interested...go look.  If that 's too much
trouble, then don't bother.  And if you think that you can do the job better
by all means please do!  I'm going to expire soon, so someone will need
to step up the plate....LOL

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

And a Foot Note...Discounters use "Gated" pricing because they can't ADVERTISE prices
lower than what the Vendor allows publicly.  Therefore, to be able to offer lower pricing
they use a "gate" so that you have to be logged in to see the LOWER THAN ADVERTISED
prices.

• Like 4