"Only Time"-2023 Remake-Original

Johnbee58

23 hours ago, jack c. said:

nice all around job.i would like to hear less bass notes.jack c

@jack c.Thanks for listening Jack C.

1 hour ago, Rikkie said:

Hi john, nice one, good composition, flutes are a nice touch, good vocals.

Rik

@RikkieThanks so much, Ric.

😀John B

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

HI john

this is a very good track indeed - this sounds well recorded and mixed to me - the Sax Solo sounds very good - never heard of the program, must check it out

Cool stuff

Nigel

@Bajan BlueThanks Nigel. 😀

https://www.straightaheadsamples.com/tenorcolossus

🙂John B

John, your usual excellent lyrics and I'm impressed. I like how the instruments interact with the vocal and with each other.
This might be the best vocal I've heard from you because your voice seems more controlled or something.
I just noticed the voc part that begins "How recklessly you use me..."   seems to have been recorded in a different environment?  Not a biggie though.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

John, your usual excellent lyrics and I'm impressed. I like how the instruments interact with the vocal and with each other.
This might be the best vocal I've heard from you because your voice seems more controlled or something.
I just noticed the voc part that begins "How recklessly you use me..."   seems to have been recorded in a different environment?  Not a biggie though.
-Bjorn

Thanks @bjornpdxBjorn.  The last verse switch to lo fi "radio"  sound on the vocal is intentional.  Remember Lennon's voice on the last verse of "Tomorrow Never Knows"? I wanted that effect here.

😃John B