Finale Summer Sale - up to 66% off

fret_man

18 hours ago, Bapu said:

Is Finale tightly integrated with a specific DAW?  Like Notation to Studio One?

No. It is DAW-agnostic. As mentioned before, I export the Finale score to MIDI and then drag/import that into the DAW. Be sure to turn off "human playback" in Finale if you want quantized MIDI. I find that helpful because Finale doesn't export all the articulations, like trills, so these have too be added manually. For me, it's much easier to edit the MIDI if it starts quantized. But if I make edits to the notes/timing, I have to manually go back and insert those changes back into Finale.

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Interesting: JW Plugins look potentially useful but they seem complicated.  Any thoughts on those?

I still haven't delved into them myself but they do look interesting.

The strength of Finale is the educational worksheets that comes with the full version of Finale. At least to me.  I got Finale decades ago and have used those worksheet printouts when I was doing a little teaching.  YMMV.   I think there are more modern notation programs on the market now if you were starting from scratch.  For my needs I pull up Finale to do my simple projects when needed.    At the summer sale price it isn't to hard on the wallet. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I still haven't delved into them myself but they do look interesting.

The strength of Finale is the educational worksheets that comes with the full version of Finale. At least to me.  I got Finale decades ago and have used those worksheet printouts when I was doing a little teaching.  YMMV.   I think there are more modern notation programs on the market now if you were starting from scratch.  For my needs I pull up Finale to do my simple projects when needed.    At the summer sale price it isn't to hard on the wallet. 

That and having parts for players.  More and more I think of using the free Musescore.   Udemy has a course for v3 for $10. 

• Thanks 2