Not a Deal - Kontakt 7.4.2 Update

Brian Lawler

I was installing something new *cough* and discovered there was an update.  Notes stolen from Evil Dragon over on VI.  Use Native Access to update.

7.4.2 - 2023-07-05
Bug fix.

FIXED Crash with additional cases when changing patterns or snapshots with Session Guitarist

7.4.1 - 2023-07-04
Bug fix.

FIXED Crash when changing patterns or snapshots with Session Guitarist

7.4.0 - 2023-06-19
Introducing the zoom feature.

ADDED Zoom scaling of Kontakt application UI

FIXED Snapshots couldn't be saved when Ring Modulator LFO Wave parameter was modified from KSP

FIXED Crash when selecting items from dropdown menus in Playbox

FIXED KSP Reset waitless while loop iteration counter on every while loop instead of once per callback, and increased the amount of such iterations to 10 million

• Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, antler said:

Native Access 1.14 still works fine for me (I never upgraded). You can get it from the legacy installers page:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000407909-Native-Access-Legacy-Installers-for-Older-Operating-Systems

It probably doesn't work if you have any of their subscriptions though (I don't have any, so can't confirm).

According to NI support, some of the more recent updates don't show up in NA1 - I was forced to update :(

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, simon said:

According to NI support, some of the more recent updates don't show up in NA1 - I was forced to update :(

Any ones in particular? There was a 'missing' Kontakt update a while back, but I think it was just taking its time to roll out - I can see Kontakt 7.4.2. there now. On the other hand, there very well could be some updates that I'm missing (but don't know about).

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Any ones in particular? There was a 'missing' Kontakt update a while back, but I think it was just taking its time to roll out - I can see Kontakt 7.4.2. there now. On the other hand, there very well could be some updates that I'm missing (but don't know about).

I'm struggling to remember but I think it was Massive X and Komplete Kontrol - they were flagged as being available on this forum so might be worth a search - around late March / early April.

It's also possible that NI support have no idea and just told me to update because it's a stock response.  Personally I much (much, much, much) preferred NA1

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm struggling to remember but I think it was Massive X and Komplete Kontrol - they were flagged as being available on this forum so might be worth a search - around late March / early April.

It's also possible that NI support have no idea and just told me to update because it's a stock response.  Personally I much (much, much, much) preferred NA1

Ah, ok. I found a post referring to a 1.4.3 update for Massive X. I've only got 1.4.2; maybe it's time to upgrade...

1 hour ago, antler said:

I think also the VST3 version of Reaktor 6, IIRC.

• Thanks 1