Melda 16.09a beta is here... Not a deal

ralfrobert

6 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Without question, when I did the clean up and allowed the installer to delete the plug-ins, (1) it deleted them and (2) the dlls and vst2s were not installed.

Perhaps that happened for me BECAUSE I installed the 16.08 beta on August 3rd. Maybe the released version only updates resource files and uses older dlls and vst3s.

Also I never install the vst2 with Melda.  So one more variable 

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Probably a timezone thing. 

That was my first thought. 

But, for the sake of science I did another complete download and reinstallation almost three hours ago.  This time I did a complete scan before deleting all Melda plugins the installer found.  I still get August 10, 2023 between 4:00 AM and 4:08 AM.  If anyone's minutes (:00 to :08) are different, maybe the system clock also affects the time stamp (in addition to time zone). 

Is anyone still having issues getting a download of 16.08 on Windows 10.

I've tried 3 PCs (2 win 10, 1 win7)  and a mobile device (latest brave on Android 13.)

16.07 downloads ok.  16.08 does not.

I get an HTTP 416 error at around 603meg in to the download with 16.08

16.07 completes correctly.

In the interest of science, I downloaded 16.08 a third time today (after messing up my PC's clock).  Since August 3rd, I have not had any download issues other than the 3 times the wrong file had been posted.

There is a MS C++ redistributable that happens (2013 - 12.0.40664) but I just let it do its thing.  Could the failure to download/install that cause an error?

Edited by User 905133
deleted erroneous punctuation

10 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

In the interest of science, I downloaded 16.08 a third time today (after messing up my PC's clock).  Since August 3rd, I have not had any download issues other than the 3 times the wrong file had been posted).

There is a MS C++ redistributable that happens (2013 - 12.0.40664) but I just let it do its thing.  Could the failure to download/install that cause an error?

I do not even get a completed 16.08 installer.....  There is another person on the Melda forums with the same issue I am having.

As a test, I downloaded the Nvidia drivers (which is even larger than melda 16.08).  They came down fine.

It’s definitely an issue at Media’s end.

52 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I still get August 10, 2023 between 4:00 AM and 4:08 AM.  If anyone's minutes (:00 to :08) are different, maybe the system clock also affects the time stamp (in addition to time zone). 

In the interest of science I set my PCs clock manually to something that doesn't resemble real time.  The installer downloaded correctly using the timestamp with the wrong time.  The Melda dlls and vsts still were between 4:00 AM and 4:08 AM.

Just now, Promidi said:

I do not even get a completed 16.08 installer.....  There is another person on the Melda forums with the same issue I am having.

It’s definitely an issue at Media’s end.

Hope they can sort it out without messing up the downloads that work.

3 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

In the interest of science I set my PCs clock manually to something that doesn't resemble real time.  The installer downloaded correctly using the timestamp with the wrong time.  The Melda dlls and vsts still were between 4:00 AM and 4:08 AM.

Hope they can sort it out without messing up the downloads that work.

At some stage, I did end up with a corrupted installer. (when I tested with Chrome’s resume function)

However, I did not know that is was corrupted when I chose the “quick clean” option during the installation.

As the new versions would not install, losing all my Melda plugins was not fun.

Thankfully my daily backup includes all VST2 DLL and VST3 VST3 files.  (which I used to restore to previous) 

I can see how this can bork a Melda install....

6 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I agree that if someone has dlls and vst3 before 8/10/2023, they don't have the ones from the current / 8/10/2023 installer.

However, from what people have posted, different people can have different time stamps.  For example, mine say 4:00 AM to 4:08 AM.   If by 1:05 you mean 1:05 AM that would mean mine are later than yours.  If by 1:05 you mean 1:05 PM that would mean mine are earlier than yours and I should download the installer yet another time to see if I can get time stamps that match yours.

What I meant by the 1:05 (or close) was that I was seeing 1:05+/- 5 seconds, and the date stamps on the dll's on you computer tell me that you live somewhere in the Eastern US Time Zone. I live in California.

Windows' timezone settings affect how dates appear on Windows systems.

As for the incomplete downloads, I've seen this before on MeldaProduction release days. Wherever they host their downloader gets overloaded.

With this one, where the Windows installer would either result in a loss of all the dll's or a mismatch between the dll's and the engine, no surprise they're getting pounded.

18 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

The date/time stamps on the .vst3 files are 8/10/2023 1:05 (or close, depending on when they compiled them), so if the dates on yours are earlier than that, you have an incorrect installation and should download the newer, larger installer.

9 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

What I meant by the 1:05 (or close) was that I was seeing 1:05+/- 5 seconds, and the date stamps on the dll's on you computer tell me that you live somewhere in the Eastern US Time Zone. I live in California.

Windows' timezone settings affect how dates appear on Windows systems.

As for the incomplete downloads, I've seen this before on MeldaProduction release days. Wherever they host their downloader gets overloaded.

With this one, where the Windows installer would either result in a loss of all the dll's or a mismatch between the dll's and the engine, no surprise they're getting pounded.

Thanks for the clarifications. I stand by the results of my tests.  I think your clarification about the time is saying the same thing.

I have had incomplete downloads using Chrome, but never with Melda.  It usually happens when I lose my senses and get an "Outrageous Bundle" based on other people's suggestions and then try downloading more files at a time than either my PC can handle or their server can send me.  Often Chrome's restart option works, but not always.

It also happens if I download stuff to a drive without enough space.  

I thought of saving the dlls and vst3s from 8/3/23 [dated 7/31/2023] so I could compare with the 8/10/2023 ones, but I'm not that scientific!  😜 

Edited by User 905133

• 1 month later...

16.09 changes

MSoundFactory MTurboAmp Plugins with custom devices (MSoundFactory, MTurboAmp etc.) now provide device list with images for easier workflow. Never used devices are also marked as “new”.

MSoundFactory Added new sampler rendering modes for high-quality stretching, additional compression and potentially creative possibilities.

MTurboAmp MGuitarArchitect Added Mouse pedal to MTurboAmp and MGuitarArchitect.

MGuitarArchitect Added input HP/LP filters and output EQ to NeuralAmpLoader.

MFlanger MAutopan Added parameter Count, which multiplies the sync length, to all plugins with Synchronization panel (MFlanger, MAutopan etc.).

MSoundFactory Added OscillatorSync plugin which resets its phase based on input.

Added “Custom” ambisonics order, where you can set any number of channels from 1 to 64. Useful for Dolby Atmos for example.

MSoundFactory MXXX Added Selector module to MSoundFactory, MXXX and other modular plugins. It lets you switch between modules, so that only one is played at the moment. It has been designed for easy implementation of instrument articulations in MSoundFactory.

MTurboFilter Added a possibility to use C++ style comments in MTurboFilter algorithms as “/* comment */”.

Target & Source have been renamed to This & Ideal in all automatic equalizers.

Fix MGuitarArchitect NeuralAmpLoader plugin crashing with more instances.

Fix Help window could not be closed/not responding in some plugins.

Fix MSoundFactory Gains in the Mixer module didn’t work correctly in Generator section.

Fix MDrumStrip MTurboDelay MXXX MDrumStrip and MTurboDelay could generate demonoise when inserted into MXXXCore.

Fix Using MIDI to control parameters didn’t store undo points and send automation.

Fix MSaturator Saturators could not clip the output with “Clipping at the end” option in some settings.

Fix Buzzing on higher channels in Adobe Audition / Premiere Pro under certain circumstances.

Fix MWaveShaper Dragging units weren’t displayed correctly in asymmetric mode.

Fix MSpectralDynamics MXXX Switching graphs didn’t immediately update inside MXXX.

Fix MSuperLooper Loop length in sync mode for whole range of set tempos in DAW.

Fix MCabinet Filters in ”Analyze IR folder” feature didn’t work.

Fix Graphs may have not been stored correctly if there were only 2 default points and the only difference was smoothing of the second point

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• ralfrobert changed the title to Melda 16.09a beta is here... Not a deal