95% off Air Music Tech Drum Machine Pack, Essentials Pack, Legends Pack, Power Pack,now $9.99

cclarry

I do wonder what is going on when I see a $US199.00 product suddenly on sale for $US9.99

Is anyone really buying these at their alleged MSRP?

Can you imagine that happening with physical products sold in a brick and mortar store......?

6 hours ago, Promidi said:

I do wonder what is going on when I see a $US199.00 product suddenly on sale for $US9.99

Can you imagine that happening with physical products sold in a brick and mortar store......?

The Air stuff spent years on Plugin Boutique at a constant sale price of about €6. Then suddenly they decided they were just upping the prices to a constant sale price of about €40. Now we’re back it would seem. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Promidi said:

They're usually trying to sell more of them I think.

Likely very few.

Yes.

(apologies, I'm watching this freaking hilarious mockumentary show on Netflix called Crunk on Earth that features a hilariously literal-minded character covering human history in 5 30-minute installments.

"So how long were the first flights?

"Typically on the order of just a few hundred feet."

"Well they could have walked that....")

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

This is a more recent Air product.  This is also a good buy.  I have it and it has good reviews.  

Are you referring to Boom, the plugin in the title? I would estimate that it's around two decades old. Just to give an idea, here's a thread where people were talking about it sounding dated -- back in 2010. Of course,  a lot of people might want vintage drum machine sounds, so that may not be an issue for some, but it's definitely a very, very old plugin and I don't think I've seen many recent reviews. 

https://gearspace.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-and-production/500939-anyone-actually-using-boom.html

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 6/25/2023 at 1:30 PM, kitekrazy said:

Nope Drumsynth 500.   That's the good one.  

Ah. Drumsynth 500. It wasn't mentioned in the photo, all I could see was the Boom logo. 

I really can't imagine,  after my own experiences with AIR plugins having major issues and the company taking several months to fix those problems (after acknowledging them at KVR), as well as after reading about many others having major issues year after year,  that I could spend $100USD or more on any software owned by InMusic. That brand ruined its reputation for me. I've  held off spending $49 USD on BFD3 because of my bad experiences with other plugins and lack of fixing things for extended periods of time and a ton of users posting serious problems with the plugin. Maybe after a few years of people posting great things,  but probably not before then. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

51 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I got it for $10.   Their legacy products are not worth buying.  I think most of that came out when people were using W98. I have all of the legacy stuff and deleted it. 

Yeah, when I have a really bad experience with software or a developer,  I feel compelled to warn others.  As you know are well aware, that doesn't always turn out well. Still, I'm not letting that stop me. I do feel compelled to warn others about InMusic's very problematic history of buggy software and poor support.  Fortunately,  I don’t think InMusic's CEO will come on the forum to libel me for sharing my experience and I don’t foresee InMusic has inspired sycophant fanboys the way some small sample developers do. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I'm very fond of Hybrid 3. For arpeggiator-driven 90's ambient kinds of stuff, it's my most inspiring synth, and I have MASSIVE and Chromaphone 3. Hybrid 3 has the best arp sounds. It has 2 arpeggiators that can be used simultaneously.

Well worth $10, IMO.

Xpand! 2 is also my favorite general purpose ROMpler. Vacuum Pro is another favorite.

The only drawbacks I've ever experienced with AIR's synths is the lack of a way to mark "favorite" in the patch browser, but I can use the DAW's native preset system to get around that.

As far as technical issues, I've never experienced any problems with AIR synths, not a single one. They are light on resource use compared to other synths out there.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Xpand! 2 is also my favorite general purpose ROMpler. Vacuum Pro is another favorite.

As far as technical issues, I've never experienced any problems with AIR synths, not a single one. They are light on resource use compared to other synths out there.

You and me both, my friend! I love that old Air stuff, and got nothing to say about ilok either. (not trying to pick a fight, you lovable scamps). Xpand is a constant inspiration with my virtual modular Voltage Modular software. Worst thing about Air is inMusic, which has neglected the living daylights out of the great stable of products they acquired.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tansetter said:

Worst thing about Air is inMusic, which has neglected the living daylights out of the great stable of products they acquired.

I think that's no longer strictly true, as a few of the newer synths that they have come out with seem to be using the underlying technology of Hybrid and Vacuum.

They don't seem to have come up with anything like XPand! yet, though.

• Like 2