SSL Download Manager (There is one!)

mibby

This may be old news to some of you, but in case it's not...  I just stumbled across this while going through and updating my plugins.

https://www.solidstatelogic.com/ssl-download-manager

You still need to figure out which ones you own because there is no "My Plugins" option - probably because they don't know. Regardless, it's pretty slick and will tell you which plugins are needing an update so you don't have to wait for @TheSteven to post that there is one.    😎

--- edit ---

How to find your SSL Plugins:

https://support.solidstatelogic.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4408124029585-Where-can-I-find-plug-ins-I-registered-previously-

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

@mibby Good catch!
The manager looks pretty new - don't think it was there last time I checked.
The latest version was released in June, current version is v1.0.23

"You still need to figure out which ones you own because there is no 'My Plugins' option"
I thought so too but turns out it can identify** what plugins have been installed and will show if they are up to date or if there are available updates!
If you have demo'd but not purchased a plugin and just deleted the VST instead of uninstalling it, you can uninstall it via the Manager so you stop getting nagged about updating a noninstalled plugin.

**edit: the manager could only identify 1/2 of what I had previously installed. I had to install the 'missing' plugins with the manager for it to know what was installed or not; but now it looks like it recognizes them all.

SSLdlmanager..png

left clicking on the ellipsis of installed plugin...
leftclickonelipsis.png

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, TheSteven said:

**edit: the manager could only identify 1/2 of what I had previously installed. I had to install the 'missing' plugins with the manager for it to know what was installed or not; but now it looks like it recognizes them all.

Good idea! I'll have to try this. Only 2 of like 8 plugins show up for me. It'll be nice to see them all in one place. It's always bugged me that they don't show up on the SSL site...

• Like 2

Mibby, 

Thank you much for the find, I no longer have to go to the SSL site and download the updates myself.  👍

=================================================================================

Does anyone know if the SSL Download Manager cares if you purchased the plugins from SSL or from a 3rd party vendor?

Found the answer:

Plug-in purchases made in the current SSL store will automatically appear in your account. During the checkout process, you will be asked to enter your iLok username; licenses will be deposited to the iLok account immediately.

Plug-in purchases made via 3rd party resellers, prior to January 2023, cannot be registered in an SSL account at this time. 3rd Party purchases made after January 2023 will have gone through the SSL redemption process and will show in your SSL account.

Edited by jesse g
Additional info
  • Like 1

I did not know such a tool existed. I am very grateful to the contributor.
It seems that if you already have it installed and it is not recognized, you can reinstall it to be eligible.
It was so useful that I may make an impulse purchase during a future sale.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...