The Cover Song Hall of Shame - Share Your Nominations

PavlovsCat

3 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

That William Shatner thing was something I did not expect to see and makes all the other bad covers look like masterpieces by comparison. But I guess it could be useful to cure people from acid trips instantly. You know you went too far when the moon looks like William Shatner...

The unanswered question for that cover is whether or not William Shatner is actually trying to be ridiculously bad or that was his sincere effort to do a good cover. 

10 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

The unanswered question for that cover is whether or not William Shatner is actually trying to be ridiculously bad or that was his sincere effort to do a good cover. 

Considering this is another thing that exists, I'm gonna suggest someone with more money than common sense talked Shatner into believing he was a singer:

At least Nimoy has some singing in him....

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Considering this is another thing that exists, I'm gonna suggest someone with more money than common sense talked Shatner into believing he was a singer:

At least Nimoy has some singing in him....

That's completely,  irredeemably bad, but also highly amusing. 

Someone gave me that Pat Boone in a Metal Mood CD.  I love it because it's swing band arrangements.  I love when songs are covered to different genres. 

I was working on a EDM version of More Than A Feeling (beck when I was actually using a DAW instead of cruising every deals forum on the planet) but the project got lost.

35 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Someone gave me that Pat Boone in a Metal Mood CD.  I love it because it's swing band arrangements.  I love when songs are covered to different genres. 

I was working on a EDM version of More Than A Feeling (beck when I was actually using a DAW instead of cruising every deals forum on the planet) but the project got lost.

I also like the big band on those tracks. I'm a huge jazz fan and spent years playing with a bunch of jazz musicians (I played some jazz gigs and even had a jazz instructor,  but, unfortunately,  I still never really never played like a good jazz drummer). But Boone isn't even close to up to the task. It's Pat Boone's voice that makes all of those covers so terrible. But a good jazz singer, a Mel Torme kind of vocalist,  and some of them, not all of them,  could work, but even the best big band can't overcome Boone's schmaltzy big band singer impersonation.  

Edited by PavlovsCat