Listening to this now

Mesh

• 2 weeks later...

Another song I learned by ear as a child. This was difficult when I was 12 or 13, but it was worth it. This song got me 'dates' with more girls than any other song I ever played in my entire life.

One girl wanted me to play it while my sax was pressed against her ***** for foreplay.

Harlem Nocturne — The Viscounts

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

21 hours ago, pwal said:

you saxy thing

Every girl/woman I have ever had the pleasure of being intimate with in my life was introduced to me through my saxophone. Including the best one of all, who ended up marrying.

Funny, when I was a kid, I wanted to play Baritone Horn (Euphonium). But when trying to join the school band, all the available instruments were rented, so like the other new kids, I got a pair of drumsticks and a practice pad. In retrospect, starting on drums was an advantage that has served me well all my life.

Then the tenor sax player's family moved, and the band director said, “Who wants to try the sax?” I was ready to play anything that could create a melody, so I guess my “I Do! I Do!” was more enthusiastic than the others.

It's the luckiest thing that ever happened to me. Euphonium players don't get much work. ;)

I played in a rock band after school, and I've been a pro musician all my life. No need to be a wage-slave at some corporate day job.

Plus, it was a great way to meet chicks. :)

But this is a “Listening to this now” thread. To be back on-topic here is another “chic magnet” song for saxophonists. I think the Harlem Nocturne gal would have liked this one pressed up against her “you-know-what”. :D And Gato did a nice job with Carlos Santana's song.

Europa — Gato Barbieri

• Like 1