The sun will rise ... pre master

Paul Bush

Hi chaps here`s a new one, ``the sun will rise´´  still strugling with timing issues though (there`s a wife joke there but i wont) Yeah its a song about us poor men ,...hearing so much about trans this and trans that, women this and feminists that and well ... .... even us men have problems !! but hey.... the sun will ..rise ..cheers paul

https://www.bandlab.com/user7005896328090268/the-sun-will-rise-pre-master-mixdown-1-2705-fa7240d0?revId=45a91397-74fc-ed11-907c-6045bd31b313

Youre tossing and turning, in and out of a dream

surpressing the anger tugging at your sleeve...

The suns gonna rise, the world keep`s a moving on

Dont let it consume you ,Try walking away,

Swallow you anger , be a better man...

Bridge (E)

You stand in darkness , and the rain is black

as the sea, There`s no helping me,

its harder to breath....

....The helplesness inside of me ...

....The helplesness inside of me ...

All the weight on my shoulders , holding me

down, high expectations , spinning me around

Bridge

The sun will rise but seems not so bright

we got nothing more but time

These cruel mind games are such a crime

.... burning up inside in me ...

.... churning up inside in me ...

….... solo......

… Burning up inside in me ...

… Burning up inside in me ...

The sun will rise but seems not so bright

we got nothing more but time

These cruel mind games are such a crime

........ Burning up inside in me

…..... Churning up inside in me

Edited by Paul Bush

Hi Daryl , well those backing vocals were recorded three times (sound on sound)on one track then once again three times etc one another track and then panned left and right  all choruses together (30 times) then the high backing vocals 4 times  (20 times ) after that i lost count I think I may have copied and pasted towards the end of the song and panned down the middle... once i find the right harmonie its easy to dupilcate ..nice cup tea to pull me through and off i go ....I also have a pre vocal warm up  track that takes about twenty minutes  really saves the day...  unbelivable...  thanks for commenting cheers paul

Edited by Paul Bush
  • Like 1

Love it.
You have that one line: The suns gonna rise, the world keeps moving on
Very catchy, so it seems to me it should be emphasized more, like a chorus. Or put it in again at the end of the song.
Well just a suggestion. Always enjoy your songs.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Hi Paul, another great creative song here ! . . . you've really got an excellent interplay with the guitar and vocals going back and forth in this one, and some interesting chord changes. Always a fan of your vocal delivery, just enjoyable to listen to, and you really lean into your electric guitar in this one. with a great tone.

When you mention the timing issues, it's usually all about the drums . . . and it occurred to me if the kick drum had way more bottom, it wouldn't be as obvious in certain sections . . . audio psychoacoustic phenomenon, the ears hear the low end differently. Just my opinion that the drums should occupy the whole audio spectrum, but your drum mix seems only concentrated in the very middle.

The harmonies and lead vocals reveal a lot of work went into this, and I look forward to your more polished master mix version.

• Like 1