50% off Overloud Rematrix

Billy86

I like it. Whether it's the 'right' one for the job, I like to use this for my drum sends (though it's also good for other uses too). Load up to five IRs and tweak the levels as you like to get the sound you're after. You can even use your own IRs if you have any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's pretty much what you would expect it to be and has been pretty stable for me.

If I am remembering correctly, the impulses are proprietary, but they are not alone in that.

Also it would be nice if they had better preset organization.  It would be nice to be able to tag these with attributes such as the general type (hall, plate, special, etc) as well as which instruments to use.

Finally, once you purchase the full version you get a 20% discount going forward on all Rematrix preset packs.  This stacks with sales, so you will probably end up tempted to buy presets during Black Friday.  They also tend to throw in a few nice free packs every once in a while.

• Like 2

The marketing speak says you can import your own IRs. I have Waves IR plugin, but find it really clunky to use. Anyone know if you can import the Wave IR's, or do these developers typically keep everything proprietary so you can't share things cross platform?

33 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

The marketing speak says you can import your own IRs. I have Waves IR plugin, but find it really clunky to use. Anyone know if you can import the Wave IR's, or do these developers typically keep everything proprietary so you can't share things cross platform?

There's an entire discussion of this at KVR. The bottom line is Waves uses their proprietary WIR ("Waves IR") format. Someone wrote a utility to covert these to the more universal WAV format. But, as shown in the KVR link,  it doesn't work on the most recent WIR versions. So, at the moment, the only thing you can do to use a WIR file in someone else's convolutional reverb is to:

1. make an impulse file (make a 96kbps file that is 6 seconds long, or more depending on how large you want the file, consisting only of a single +1 fullscale sample and the rest are all 0).
  2. send that file into the Waves IR of choice at 100% wet, no filters.
  3. add gain to the result so the max amplitude is ~-0.1 dB (or closer if you wish).
  4. save the result as a *.WAV file.

You now have a general format IR of that one Waves reverb that can be used in any convolutional reverb that can import WAV files.

I've done this a total of one time...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Waves has their own proprietary format but not all IR providers do.  I think Melda uses standard wav files.   EchoThief does use some unique standard wav files but you need to use something like 7zip to extract them from the executable.  All the impulses in Reflektor are also standard wav.