Impact Soundworks WATER PIANO: A cinematic prepared piano like no other!

cclarry

Water Piano is a prepared piano like no other.

It starts as a dry piano with a bright, vintage sound that plays just as well as an ordinary grand piano library. But dive into the hugely varied snapshots and tweak the controls to morph that sound into all kinds of other-worldly textures, atmospheric pads, and impossible yet realistic pianos.

Our latest collaboration with engineering genius Mattias Krantz, who filled the case of a grand piano with 34 gallons of water, then obsessively captured the sound both above and below the water.

$59 intro price

If you already own a piano in the Engineer Series, you qualify for a special deal on Water Piano! Check your Deals page for your personalized offer.

https://impactsoundworks.com/product/water-piano/

• Like 3

I'm wondering if these butchered pianos can actually be used for something music-wise or are they just an example of the crazy things people these days are prepared to do in the pursuit of novelty ?

Just in the last few weeks we've been offered an abandoned radioactive piano and now a drowned piano and an electrocuted piano.

Where would you use pianos such as these ?

Maybe the next one will be of a grand thrown off an airplane and muticulously recorded on its way down to an explosive finale.  I'm sure the air rushing by would add a nice swirly background not achievable by any other means.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Or combined the Burning Piano from Spectrasonics with the Water Piano to help it.

Burning Piano .  Thanks, I enjoyed the soundtrack, but I'm starting to really feel sorry for the pianos.

I can understand an artist destroying a piano and making a visual and sonic artwork out of the experience.

I have trouble seeing another artist (or myself) using the same sounds to create something else.  As sound effects, I suppose, but that seems like a lot of trouble.  Could someone actually be looking for just the right sound and think, what I need here is the sound of an underwater piano.

Space piano. Musk hauls it up there. Parks it past Mars.  Recorded with highest resolutions, hundreds of velocity layers, with pristine preamps. Total library size is 5TB.

On sale at introductory $29, and we all complain. Especially as there is no sound to be heard.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Space piano. Musk hauls it up there. Parks it past Mars.  Recorded with highest resolutions, hundreds of velocity layers, with pristine preamps. Total library size is 5TB.

On sale at introductory $29, and we all complain. Especially as there is no sound to be heard.

Can't imagine how many files there would be if the compressed library of silent files totals up to 5TB.

• Like 1