New from AIR: Delay Pro

cclarry

AIR are pros at delays, like delaying updates on their plugins. Nope. I really don't have a lot of confidence in AIR after my past experiences with their plugins and their not fixing known serious, show stopping problems for a ridiculously long period of time (me and many other folks had to do things like Windows rollbacks, and their support acknowledged the problem for at least several months before releasing a fix; the posts are probably still up on their subforum at KVR). 

Here's a link to the thread. I would advise anyone to check it out before purchasing from this company to understand what you may be getting yourself into.  

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=550083

Edited by PavlovsCat
Added a link.
  • Like 2

I feel a pun coming on, so by all means let me try to clear the ... air.  I can't really speak for them, and this is just my unprofessional opinion, so I understand it doesn't really mean much.  I think corporate is what was really holding them back, as is the usual with such corporate buyouts.   I thought I personally enjoyed a decent amount of customer service from them, but I also understand about some of the longstanding unresolved issues.

Again, I'm not trying to downplay any of it,  as I am the one that cracked the joke.  I really do like their products, but as we know corporate could care less about older products, and it's no wonder they aren't' retired/archived away by now.  I think that kind of sort of speaks to the ... value maybe?

It's still a good idea to check out the link @PavlovsCat provided, but at least for me, some of the sale prices are a no-brainer.

There's a hearty 0% chance I'll be demoing or buying this one. Not really much of a saving and there are better brands and likely better quality delays.

Target price on this is $9.99 which is a pretty safe bet, of free with purchase and even then, there's no guarantee I'll grab it .. well free I may still anyway 🤣

Seriously though, I think it is more of a statement.  I didn't think that it could get worse, back when they were releasing drum machine clones.   I think most people grasp at straws, and these people are grasping at ... thin AIR.

An effect that comes standard on most everything ... including my office coffeemaker and toaster. 🙂

Edited by Topcheese
I think grammer. lol