Element free!

JT music

It's been free for a while, since the dev closed the web store last year. But yeah, great app!!! :)

Easy to use host for patching together chains of your virtual instruments and effects plugins independently of a DAW. All MIDI and audio I/O ports are clearly exposed and can be connected together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dumbquestions said:

Is this comparable to metaplugin by DDMF?

Element does not load 32 bit plugins in 64 bit environments so it cannot be used as a bridge

Element is one of my most used tools. Great for when I want to quickly load and test a vst or vst chain. For VST2 plugins, you can just drop the DLL into the window to load it, no scanning of plugins necessary.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

Another recommendation to check it out:

abacab turned me on to Kushview's Element a while ago. (Thanks!!!). I use it in conjunction with MeldaPlugins. It sits on my desktop so anytime I want to learn about or refine my understanding about a plugin, I can easily go to it, look at / explore what I want, and then go back to other tasks. I have MSF and MPS in there as sound sources to explore other plug-ins one at a time. MXXX is also in there to explore possible designs, to compare with other MPlugins, and to get ideas for MXXX possibilities.   Super simple to turn the modules on and off. I find it handy for doing new Chandler tutorials.

Element can be used in many other ways.  This is just one. 

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

8 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Element does not load 32 bit plugins in 64 bit environments so it cannot be used as a bridge

Great point, but I no longer use 32-bit plugins, and I would suggest others to migrate away from them for stability reasons.

If they still work, fine, but they are not likely to be getting any updates. Like any other EOL software, you takes your chances!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, satyabrata satapathy said:

but its been free since 3 years

Sort of.  Previously you had to pay to get a normal installer (like $2) and went through some hoops to get it.  Now it seems you can simply download the latest version directly from the site.  

Yes, there was a totally free version, but it was geared more for computer nerds from what I recall.   

Regarding the product itself, I tried it out before I got Gig Performer.  Pretty decent for a free alternative and I do appreciate you can run it like a VST (unlike Gig Performer) and stand alone.  

• Like 2