"Think of me" - Synthwave jam

Nick Blanc

My previous synthwave jam didn't do so well on Youtube, so better try that again. The track is cool, there are a lot of synths playing but the "live" element was limited to some filter noodling. I didn't really see a thing I could add or do live without messing everything up. But I DID design about every synth patch, no presets (a synthline played by Diva as the exception), so I had a lot of fun sounddesigning.

I'm learning a lot about sounddesign this way, so that's a cool bonus. Anyway, here it is:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Cool jam - like your synths! I like to use my hardware synths wherever I can - even if you can get sounds from VSTi synths that sound close, you don't get all the knobs!!

Enjoyed this

Nigel

Haha yes the knobs are a big plus. I believe that because of the physicality you can get to sounds you wouldn't have thought of using a VSTi.

On 4/22/2023 at 9:28 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Heck yeah. Playing vs. programming. Not that one is inherently "better' than the other.

Exactly, pretty important distinction. Software gives me that finetuned 'precisely what I wanted' sound. Hardware gives me that "holy sh*t I didn't know that was an option' sound. Both great.