Just be this LOVE!

whoisp

Had real fun with this one 😁 builds up all way through, a combination of vocals and rap with samples i created in the layers.  Was such a beast to mix the low end  with the guitar feedback coming in which was tricky when it hits the guitar section and a cheeky little solo. Had a bit of a cold and i think i could have done the vocals better and let go a bit more... 

The video does get a bit naughty as the track builds up..... but i have these ideas 

• Like 3

Interesting piece with a lot going on. Nice intro, doesn't really hint at what's coming next. The bass playing really stands out in a good way. The build up where the synth is playing the slow, melodic motif while everything else goes pretty much in the red is amazing. Well done 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

Always enjoy your work P! Loved the integration of the Hendrix footage.

20 hours ago, whoisp said:

she loved it

She did look to be enjoying herself...

so on final analysis; 👍's 👏

t

Listening on the DT990's here there is a lot of bass "buildup". Take this with a grain of salt though as these soon to be 71 year old ears are pretty knackered!
If I was enterprising I could route the audio thru Cake with the SonarWorks correction for the 990's on to see if that helps; but that would require "effort" 🙃.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Always enjoy your work P! Loved the integration of the Hendrix footage.

She did look to be enjoying herself...

so on final analysis; 👍's 👏

t

Listening on the DT990's here there is a lot of bass "buildup". Take this with a grain of salt though as these soon to be 71 year old ears are pretty knackered!
If I was enterprising I could route the audio thru Cake with the SonarWorks correction for the 990's on to see if that helps; but that would require "effort" 🙃.

Was using this track for updating my templates and admin on my machine after updates, been a long slog which put me off doing anymore to the track. Not sure whats next as ive been helping a couple of people which sort of interrupted  my workflow. 

• Like 1

dig this smooth slow groove

there IS some low end mud somewhere, that could be cleaned up a bit if you are going to keep working it..

just depends on the playback system, i guess,  if you put a spectrum meter on your bass track and find that one freq that sticks out most, you could put an active dynamic eq on it and probably solve that issue quick.

i'd like to the vox hotter in the first verse, just to get hooked in quicker.

dig the sustained guitar/synth parts in the backgrounds.

cool tune. good work!

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 7:33 PM, batsbrew said:

dig this smooth slow groove

there IS some low end mud somewhere, that could be cleaned up a bit if you are going to keep working it..

just depends on the playback system, i guess,  if you put a spectrum meter on your bass track and find that one freq that sticks out most, you could put an active dynamic eq on it and probably solve that issue quick.

i'd like to the vox hotter in the first verse, just to get hooked in quicker.

dig the sustained guitar/synth parts in the backgrounds.

cool tune. good work!

Thanx man, been updating so much stuff, was a pain to mix 

On 4/17/2023 at 9:24 PM, freddy j said:

---- and we are glad that you do.

Absoflippinlutely great!  Again you set a standard here. 

Thanx freddy i just go with i whatever mojo is happening, ive stepped back from writing the traditional sense of verse chorus etc i love experimenting with telling a story with sounds at the moment, less vocals 

On 4/8/2023 at 6:01 PM, Larry T. said:

Interesting piece with a lot going on. Nice intro, doesn't really hint at what's coming next. The bass playing really stands out in a good way. The build up where the synth is playing the slow, melodic motif while everything else goes pretty much in the red is amazing. Well done 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Cheers Larry much apprenticed, just finishing a slightly mellower artist peace at the moment lol