New Album Tracks

Bristol_Jonesey

5 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Boy, there's a lot here to digest Colin.
My guess that is why so little response to the thread.
I'll be back now and again to complete the journey.

t

only wish that I were so prolific...

Hi Tom

These have all been in the pipeline for several years. It's only now that the end is in sight that I was feeling confident enough to actually post them.

We have 4 songs to finish off and then it will be something completely different!

• Like 1

I listened to the first track. Massive wall of sound hit me. The composition is great, but I think this would sound so much better if you would consider playing with the levels and create volume swells in the spectral field. This would help give any particular instrument of your choosing emphasis. It would create a new dynamic in the piece. Sort of like what you did around the 5:50 mark. As it is, it sounds as if everything is peaking all at once. So, volume dynamics is the only critique I can offer. Outside of that its a wonderful composition.  Sorry I don't have the time to listen to all 18, but thanks for sharing them all! That was very generous. 

• Like 1

A really good job here @Bristol_Jonesey - I've listened to most of the tracks and enjoyed them all.  The vocals in particular are killer, and  I also love how you make 6/4 sound like it's in an odd time signature in Leremwald.

The only thing that I would comment on would be some of the synth pad sounds.  The whole production has an early 70's sound to it, which works really well. However when the more modern synth sounds come in, although musically the parts definitely work (and they are good synth sounds), some of them struck me as sounding a bit out of place.

It'd be interesting to hear if substituting a hammond organ or mellotron would maybe fit the overall sound better?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmcleod said:

A really good job here @Bristol_Jonesey - I've listened to most of the tracks and enjoyed them all.  The vocals in particular are killer, and  I also love how you make 6/4 sound like it's in an odd time signature in Leremwald.

The only thing that I would comment on would be some of the synth pad sounds.  The whole production has an early 70's sound to it, which works really well. However when the more modern synth sounds come in, although musically the parts definitely work (and they are good synth sounds), some of them struck me as sounding a bit out of place.

It'd be interesting to hear if substituting a hammond organ or mellotron would maybe fit the overall sound better?

Nice feedback indeed! It's good you mention the 6/4 time in Leremwald sounding like an odd signature. When I was working on the vocals, I was listening to them all in solo and without the backing, the vocals sound like they're in 4/4

I know exactly what you mean about the synth sounds as well. A lot of this was a conscious decision, in my attempts to emulate some of my heroes from decades ago.