Melda Ultimate modular virtual instrument - MSoundFactoryLE for just €49 (with extra addons worth €168)

cclarry

Despite the "LE" in the product title, MSoundFactoryLE provides all the sounds MSoundFactory comes with (it only doesn't let you access the edit screen). And gives you FREE access to premium instruments: MeldwayGrand (worth €99) and DreamMachines (worth €69).

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactoryLE

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My obligatory referral coupon code for new users (20% off)   MELDA31209027

😊

The Meldway Grand that is 40Gigs is the best sounding Piano VST in my collection.  Wish it wasn't so large, but it does sound quite good.

Melda seems fairly committed to continuing to expand this product, so I think it provides a good value at this stage and with free updates for life, could be an even better "investment" in the long run.  I'd expect they will eventually raise the rates on the LE version.

• Like 1

Also on offer at Plugin Boutique with virtual cash and a choice of freebie at £45.

The better deal from them is the full version at £100:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/57-Complete-Collection/6076-MSoundFactory

These offers may well be ending in the next four hours or so as possibly part of their anniversary sale which ends today I think. I hope that's vague enough! :)

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

The Meldway Grand that is 40Gigs is the best sounding Piano VST in my collection.  Wish it wasn't so large, but it does sound quite good.

Tempting.  Can you install a subset or do you have to install all 40 GB?

What other piano VIs have you compared to with?

Edited by ALC

21 minutes ago, ALC said:

Tempting.  Can you install a subset or do you have to install all 40 GB?

What other piano VIs have you compared to?

That piano is a separate installer that is 40 gigs.

There is another free piano in there that is less than 4.  It is also a separate installer.  

So you do have some ability to pick and choose.  The 40 gigs piano has separate files after download for the different mic mixes if I remember correctly but I've never tried to delete them to see if it still works (assuming you don't pick a particular pair.  With something like 7 mic sets there is a lot of tweakability.

If you want the Steinway D sound, it shouldn't disappoint.  I haven't tried all the other vsti out there but it is hard to argue against this one if you can deal with the size.  Based on the ones I have tried it is certainly the equal if not superior in some respect.  I realize it is a huge HD commitment for a demo, but pretty sure you can run it as such.  Not a bad idea as you can keep the other 4 gig piano for free after the demo is over 

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The full MSF sure is a monster. It’s got all of Melda inside. 

Yeah the developer has said it is basically the pinnacle of Melda, since it has everything inside...and that is saying something.  I think it has plenty of room to expand as an instrument.  But worth it as is now.