Waves Buy 1 Get One $29 Plugin Free

musical

38 minutes ago, musical said:

Actually, I want Vinyl but I'm having trouble finding another plugin I want AND need...

Any recommendations?

One of the Greg Wells plug-ins, like Pianocentric?

Oops, that one’s $39. 

Maybe the Grand Rhapsody or Electric 200?

Edited by Fleer

1 hour ago, musical said:

Actually, I want Vinyl but I'm having trouble finding another plugin I want AND need...

Any recommendations?

BSS DPR-402

Trans-X

CLA Mixdown

or pass and go with Melda 50% off,  no machine limit, lifetime updates, better installation process

This is tempting for me but with Waves I have to buy a duplicate license, and way too many plugins.

13 minutes ago, musical said:

I'm really tempted to buy either Tokyo Dawn Labs Nova GE from audiodeluxe for $29.90 or Sonible smart:comp from audioplugindeals for $69 instead of the Waves.

GAS!

Don't buy comp which will do everything by itself  instead of you ;) It could stop you from buying more compressors ;)

• Haha 1

Just now, Piotr said:

Don't buy comp which will do everything by itself  instead of you ;) It could stop you from buying more compressors ;)

On a serious note, I think we're seeing a new level of sophistication of tools which is why I am hesitant to buy more 'vanilla'. Both Nova and smart:comp have intelligent features. The way I see it, the cleverer the software is, the more time I can spend being musical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

or pass and go with Melda 50% off,  no machine limit, lifetime updates, better installation process

This is tempting for me but with Waves I have to buy a duplicate license, and way too many plugins.

I'm with you. The 1 machine limit is the reason why my waves plugins go unused and I have no interest in dealing with WUP.

Well, it's really that you can have them on 10 machines...but can only USE
them on ONE at a time.  If your licenses reside on a USB drive, you can take
that drive to any machine that you have them installed on and they'll work.
YES...it's a pain...but it does allow you "more than one installation on one machine",
so that's kind of misleading.  If you don't want the hassle of the USB drive, then you
can move your licenses to the cloud, and then bring them back 
down on the machine you are using at the time, also allowing "more than one machine"
of usage, which is also a hassle, but, what in the music business isn't? It's work, even
for the hobbyist, it's work!

Edited by cclarry

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Well, it's really that you can have them on 10 machines...but can only USE
them on ONE at a time.  If your licenses reside on a USB drive, you can take
that drive to any machine that you have them installed on and they'll work.
YES...it's a pain...but it does allow you "more than one installation on one machine",
so that's kind of misleading.  If you don't want the hassle of the USB drive, then you
can move your licenses to the cloud, and then bring them back 
down on the machine you are using at the time, also allowing "more than one machine"
of usage, which is also a hassle, but, what in the music business isn't? It's work, even
for the hobbyist, it's work!

That's why Waves goes to the back of the line.  With their reduce prices a duplicate license is affordable.  Besides who wants to use up another USB port?