Waldorf - Streichfett String Synth Plugin

cclarry

Considering the launch discount was 33 Euro my suggestion is wait for a sale. Often when JRR adds a product it's because a sale is coming up. 

I demoed it at launch and it sounds pretty good but I thought I was good for strings with Gforce Virtual String Machine. 

But apparently I wasn't because then I bought the XILS string machine bundle, and after buying UVI Vintage Vault  I discovered its string machine library is far superior to Gforce's, to my ears anyway. So once again I think I'm good for string machines. 

I'll probably still buy this when it goes on sale if it comes back down to $33 ish. Who doesn't love string synths! 

• Great Idea 2

56 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Considering the launch discount was 33 Euro my suggestion is wait for a sale. Often when JRR adds a product it's because a sale is coming up. 

I demoed it at launch and it sounds pretty good but I thought I was good for strings with Gforce Virtual String Machine. 

But apparently I wasn't because then I bought the XILS string machine bundle, and after buying UVI Vintage Vault  I discovered its string machine library is far superior to Gforce's, to my ears anyway. So once again I think I'm good for string machines. 

I'll probably still buy this when it goes on sale if it comes back down to $33 ish. Who doesn't love string synths! 

Gforce sounds superb and the collection is the biggest BUT presets management is catastrophic ... sound designing in this could be superb but the simple brosing to parts is a pain ...

xils 505 is exellent as well as quadra from cheerry audio , the east west could be great , not a fan of the uvi at all , that said i have the first version ...

Edited by Zo

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

The one from EastWest is my fav for synth strings. They did a great job combining with other sounds like real strings and brass. 

But it s limited , it great but the amount if strings sound sources isn t on pair with gforce ... 

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

True, but hey, my flute is limited too. Still, it sounds pretty pretty good 😊 

Ya know i like limitation , and EW option sounded superb. .... my point is that if somebody want a string machine coollection.  It s not the one. ;) 

25 minutes ago, Technostica said:

Which year? :)

🤣

The last one. Buuuut, I bought it especially with synthwave in mind. Streichfett + Baby Audio Super VHS seemed like a match made in heaven. But I didn't have the time yet as I've been a bit busy with my livejam setup. I will get around to it. I'm sure...