IK Black Friday Primer - Amplitude Max

cclarry

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That's what the top does say, I quoted where it says that is all gear available and each version has a different set of gear (this is right above the gear list/filters)

Which tier has the xgear and boogie 2 which are shown on the pages?  That is the point the wording fails to suggest some gear isn't included even at the highest tier.  

I read the quote quite carefully and any reasonable person would expect if you bought every tier on that page that all gear pictured would be included.  Which is not the case from your previous post.

41 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Which tier has the xgear and boogie 2 which are shown on the pages?  That is the point the wording fails to suggest some gear isn't included even at the highest tier.  

I read the quote quite carefully and any reasonable person would expect if you bought every tier on that page that all gear pictured would be included.  Which is not the case from your previous post.

I think for now you need to buy them individually until a new version of AT Max gets released. But perhaps IKM can  make a special offer to include them in new purchase of Max?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/xdrive/index.php?p=versions

Edited by telecode 101

37 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I think for now you need to buy them individually until a new version of AT Max gets released. But perhaps IKM can  make a special offer to include them in new purchase of Max?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/xdrive/index.php?p=versions

Yes, I'm aware of the situation and I already own them (well not the boogie 2 ones as those were post mega group buy release).  Im simply making statements that the website is unintentionally misleading as to the fact they are pictured on the website for these tiers but the only way to get them are separate purchases on top of even the MAX bundle.

Edited by Brian Walton

45 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All available in the AmpliTube locker means some are only available a la carte.  I'm sorry that is not clear for you/some.  I'll relay your thoughts.

Ahh..I don't remember "locker" as a term that I've ever seen used with what used to be called the Custom Shop in IKM world.

I have the latest version installed, and since boogie 2 is the only thing I don't own in there here are screen shots if I was to purchase ala cart where I also don't see the term "locker" used anywhere.  

image.png.f3302fc6dfd12dd6da67dc38b43db2ed.png

image.thumb.png.2a2b42d7ac671aa9b7d32a35934f8ec1.png

image.png.59f065dccfc74047eb17f7d8e6145ae9.png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Ahh..I don't remember "locker" as a term that I've ever seen used with what used to be called the Custom Shop in IKM world.

I have the latest version installed, and since boogie 2 is the only thing I don't own in there here are screen shots if I was to purchase ala cart where I also don't see the term "locker" used anywhere.  

image.png.f3302fc6dfd12dd6da67dc38b43db2ed.png

image.thumb.png.2a2b42d7ac671aa9b7d32a35934f8ec1.png

image.png.59f065dccfc74047eb17f7d8e6145ae9.png

I would say, if you aren't in a hurry. Wait for next group guy. I got the Mesa2 free in the last group buy a few months ago. 

Its pretty good, but IMHO they didn't really out do the Mesa1 amp bundle. 

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All available in the AmpliTube locker means some are only available a la carte.  I'm sorry that is not clear for you/some.  I'll relay your thoughts.

Where is this phrase used and defined?

• Update:
    • I just googled "IK Amplitube Locker.
    • In one of the page 1 "hits," it says "All available gear from the AmpliTube locker can be seen below."
    • I went directly to the page and did Ctrl+F to find "locker" but it wasn't on the page.
    • Using Ctrl+F I looked for "Amplitube" and looked at all 39 instance of the word.
    • Not one of those instances had any word near it related to "All available gear," "gear," "locker," etc.
    • If I hadn't known to look up "locker," I never would have seen that phase.
    • That phrase does not appear on the page Google allegedly found it.
  • Update # 2:
    • I looked at the source code:
      • <!--TEXT CENTERED-->
        • <div class="cnt_bkg_mono bkg-dark bg_dark_grey" >
        • <div class="container reduced centered pb0">
        • <div class="row">
        • <div class="col-sm-12 col-md-12">
        • <h2 class="mb30">
        • The Gear</h2>
        • <p>
        • All available gear from the AmpliTube locker can be seen below.
        • </p>
        • <p>Please note there are several versions of AmpliTube 5 with different gear included.
        • </p>
        • <p>Use the comparison charts below to see which version is right for you.</p>
        • </div><!-- /col-sm-12 col-md-12 -->
        • </div><!-- /row -->
        • </div><!-- /.container -->
        • </div><!--cnt_bkg_mono-->
      • <!--END TEXT CENTERED-->

I hope IK's website team (whether its in-house or out-sourced) can fix this and any other problems of a similar nature.

• Update # 3:

• I finally found where the phrase in question  is embedded in the page, but it took a while.

• IK might know what that means and where it is, but customers might have never seen that page and/or that statement and might have no idea what "the Amplitube locker" means.

• Feel free to relay my thoughts, too. It took a while to figure out the root of the confusion.  I'd like the time I spent put to good use, meaning: please help facilitate IK's taking ownership for the confusion problem.  

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Edited by User 905133
to add updates 1, 2, and 3 in an effort to sort out why IK consumers were confused
  • Like 1

So basically, you are arguing AT5 Max owners  should own everything that works within AT5 except ToneX? The tricky part is, do the items that were released after AT5 max was released on sale only be extended to customers who purchase AT5 max after a certain time, or should it be retroactive, and older customers of AT5 Max be given the items as freebies? In which case, then,  you run into the issue of existing AT5 max customers who did go out and but those individual packages, will  get all pissed off because they paid  for those items while others didn't.

• Confused 1

On 11/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I own Amplitube 5 and ALL items that included in Amplitube MAX, but I bought them separately, some of them looong time ago, like for example Fender 2. Also I owned Amplitube 4 Max previously. So, I contacted IK Multimedia asking to upgrade me, basically to combine it together, I think it would be reasonable, then for me to buy MAX - something that I practically already own.  Amplitube sometimes behaves strangely showing me my libraries in demo mode. I've got strange answer: No:)

Same with T-Racks5, I practically own everything...Why not to upgrade me to Studio? Looking at my upgrade page in my account I see very strange prices for something I practically own.

Since we buy a lot of stuff separately I think you guys should implement something like this: upgrading automatically to MAX/Studio if someone owns/bought stuff separately or if one-two items are missing encourage to buy but not for ordinary price of upgrade like I see it in my account.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1