XLN Flash Sale at Plugin Boutique

cclarry

6 minutes ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

Some people don't like the fact that their products aren't constantly updated like other developers, thus making them incredibly stable and usable 🙂 Unlike others.

Ahh, I see. Good to know. Thank you

^^^^ yes,  nothing wrong with XLN at all.  Patrick is right and they are very stable.

The 'joke' is that they don't really release anything new - X0 was the last thing I think - but the AD/AK lines has remained stagnant for year upon year upon year.  I think the 4 AK instruments are over a decade old.

I know people love XLN but even when released they were seen as 'budget' options and I think in 2022 they are really starting to show their age. Much better options today (in my opinion!)

I'd love to see them do something new

(just to be clear - any 'joke' was meant with affection and frustration at XLN - not hating on them :)

Edited by simon
  • Like 2

My only issue with them is the authorization system.  Windows updates can frequently require you to authorize your product again.  This doesn't happen with any of my other plugins and I've got more than any sensible human needs.

Otherwise I appreciate the fact they are just keeping the already good products stable.  People say they want AD3....unless it is a free upgrade I have no need for it and that just means no more support for what I do have.

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

My only issue with them is the authorization system.  Windows updates can frequently require you to authorize your product again.

I haven’t seen that happen in a year or two despite a couple of Windows 10 revisions, so I guess they have changed the program logic.

• Like 1