AAS Urban Trip

cclarry

19 minutes ago, chris.r said:

A question to anyone affected in the past: are the issues with memory leakage, cpu spiking, etc. in some of the AAS new versions already fixed? I was long time holding off the upgrade to chromaphone 3 for example for this reason. Any news?

Pitch bend still glitches my CPU with Chromaphone 3.  Mind you, My i5 is slight under the minimum specs. 

That being said, no other synths glitch (Including Melda Msoundfactory full version and Massive X, Pigments 3.5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The issues with previous versions of AAS instruments were definitely addressed, although I can't confirm that they were fixed for all scenarios.  I've been able to load Chromaphone 3 and VA 3 (with the Urban Trip expansion) recently, on a relatively low-RAM Windows 10 laptop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The pitch bend in Chromaphone 3 still bangs the real-time (RT) CPU hard here. It's apparently just the core/thread that the instrument is running on, because the overall CPU usage in Windows Task Manager appears fine.

Depending on how many voices the preset is using, it might hit overload and then crackles an pops appear.

Edit: The previous comments were made while testing Chromaphone in several DAWs, CbB, Studio One, and Reaper. VST2 or VST3 - Same results...

But when Chromaphone is running as standalone, the pitch wheel causes no glitches here... even with a preset that is a big offender in the DAW! Weird!!!

If you have the sound pack Synth City, try the pad "7DX".

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1