Focusrite Collective - new bundled software

Frank

8 hours ago, abacab said:

The way it should work is when you register your new device at PreSonus, you get to download the version that is current.

That is the way it should work. Unfortunately, when I registered my Studio 2|4 back in February, what I got was a license for Artist 4. Obviously, at that point, 5 was the current version.

I like Studio One, to the point where I was considering dropping the $49 to upgrade my Artist to 5 in order to get the VST support. Still waffling about that. I already have a secondary DAW in the form of Mixcraft.

Are you sure after you registered your Artist 4 that there wasn't an upgrade waiting for you in your account?

I don't know, I've never had cause to do it, But I was reading in one of the Studio One 6 threads around the place the other day where someone was asking about this, and a reply they got was that in the case of not getting the current version you should have the upgrade thing in your account.

14 hours ago, heath row said:

Are you sure after you registered your Artist 4 that there wasn't an upgrade waiting for you in your account?

I don't know, I've never had cause to do it, But I was reading in one of the Studio One 6 threads around the place the other day where someone was asking about this, and a reply they got was that in the case of not getting the current version you should have the upgrade thing in your account.

If there's a license for 5 or 6 somewhere in my account, I sure haven't been able to find it.

These licenses in question where you "should" get the current version, are you sure they were referring to licenses that came with the purchase/registration of an interface?

I always just figured that they handed out v. 4 licenses so that they would be immediately upgraded if the user had an interest in actually using the software. If I had the right to the version that was current when I registered the unit, that would be v 5.

1 hour ago, Starship Krupa said:

If there's a license for 5 or 6 somewhere in my account, I sure haven't been able to find it.

These licenses in question where you "should" get the current version, are you sure they were referring to licenses that came with the purchase/registration of an interface?

I always just figured that they handed out v. 4 licenses so that they would be immediately upgraded if the user had an interest in actually using the software. If I had the right to the version that was current when I registered the unit, that would be v 5.

If it had been me I would have contacted customer support directly.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

If it had been me I would have contacted customer support directly.

Support: "Where did you purchase the interface?"

Erik: "From some sketchy dude in what looked like it might have been a meth house in East Palo Alto."

I didn't read the fine print, but if it says "original purchaser," then I don't technically have the right to any of the licenses. Fortunately, Sketchy McMethhouse hadn't registered it.

I'm fine with how the cards fell. If I ever have need for Studio One, I'll drop the 50 on the current Artist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2