Crazy Trivia

Tim Smith

20 hours ago, Bapu said:

you left out the dash or included an extra space

I guess I'm undashed.?

19 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

It's not milk.

At best, it's juice.

I am on a diet now and have been drinking almond and oat milk. It tastes more like fat free milk to me. Makes a great low calorie substitute for milk. They call it milk to attract milk drinkers I suppose. A marketing ploy that seems to work pretty well. Since I started drinking it, I don't really miss milk. 

I have lost over 20 pounds so far. 30 calories a glass if a person drinks the unsweetened version. That's probably my only motive for drinking it. They say milk is unhealthy, almond (milk) is not healthy according to some. Others say it's better for you. Around and around we go.

18 hours ago, paulo said:

Fair point, but I guess the marketing folks figured that getting people to ask for coffee with a splash of nut juice might lead to some awkward situations

This is similar to comments from others on the subject.  It must take a LOT of almonds to make a gallon of the stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I am on a diet now and have been drinking almond and oat milk. It tastes more like fat free milk to me. Makes a great low calorie substitute for milk. They call it milk to attract milk drinkers I suppose. A marketing ploy that seems to work pretty well. Since I started drinking it, I don't really miss milk. 

I have lost over 20 pounds so far. 30 calories a glass if a person drinks the unsweetened version. That's probably my only motive for drinking it. They say milk is unhealthy, almond (milk) is not healthy according to some. Others say it's better for you. Around and around we go.

Very cool Tim 👍

I don't drink milk in any form - I have my coffee black and don't eat breakfast cereal so I've no real cause to.

It does seem an odd thing to consume really - the lactation of another mammal.

Mind you, I do make an exception for cheese 😊

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Very cool Tim 👍

I don't drink milk in any form - I have my coffee black and don't eat breakfast cereal so I've no real cause to.

image.thumb.png.6c38ab8d30866dd8f8696bc77d7c3511.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Very cool Tim 👍

A good course of action I'm sure.

The lactation of another animal....🤔 When I look at in in those terms it sorta causes me to think about it differently. I try not to think too much about eggs when I eat them for the same reason.

Cheese? Who cares what they make the stuff out of, I like it!

44 minutes ago, craigb said:

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, but only when something I'm cooking calls for milk.  I definitely have quite a bit of yogurt (whole-milk and unsweetened only, to which I add unfiltered, raw, local honey).  I also enjoy cheese on some foods.

I have the unsweetened Greek yogurt. I might sweeten it with monk fruit. For those who might be curious..no it has nothing to do with monks as far as I know. 

I'm on a keto diet. I only eat low carb bread. Any extreme increase in carbs will throw me out of ketosis. I allow myself some liberty occasionally. On this diet I can have all the meat  and vegetables I want.