Tracktion F’em $24 at JRR plus other 24 year discounts

kevin H

5 hours ago, daveiv said:

And then there is this synthesizer "BioTek" that I have no clue about.

By the same developer as F'em.

Biotek is a blend of sampling and synthesis, with an X-Y morphing between layers. V2 adds some features.

Original release trailer:

1 hour ago, abacab said:

By the same developer as F'em.

Biotek is a blend of sampling and synthesis, with an X-Y morphing between layers. V2 adds some features.

Original release trailer:

I have watched a few videos about BioTek. Apparently my brain is in battery saver mode, I still don't understand what's going on.

Judging from the presets, I'm getting Roland D-50 and Korg Wavestation vibes.

26 minutes ago, daveiv said:

I have watched a few videos about BioTek. Apparently my brain is in battery saver mode, I still don't understand what's going on.

Judging from the presets, I'm getting Roland D-50 and Korg Wavestation vibes.

It's much deeper than vintage Roland or Korg synths. It's a rather complex soft synth on a new level, with up to 12 layers, that each have up to 4 oscillators. So it's almost like 12 synths in one.

The 4 oscillators on each layer can independently be any of these types: sample, sine, triangle, pulse, saw, white noise, pink noise, granular, spinal saw. Each layer has 2 filters, 4 effects, 8 LFO's, 4 envelopes, plus its own arpeggiator and modulation matrix.

The samples can come from the stock Biotek library, or you can import your own. Many of the factory presets use samples of nature sounds, blended with the synth oscillators to create cinematic soundscapes. But as you can see from the Arachnid expansion demo, it can do EDM as well, or just about anything you can think of.

It's enough to make your brain (or your PC) explode, especially if you dive into the countless modulations possible with 48 oscillators, 24 filters, 48 effects, 96 LFO's, 48 envelopes, 2 arpeggiators, & 12 mod matrices. Not to mention that you can automate nearly everything, including the x-y morphing between layers.

Realistically though, the majority of the factory presets only use 1 to 4 layers, sometimes a few more, and don't use all the resources available at the same time. But the possibilities are there... :)

Edited by abacab

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

It's much deeper than vintage Roland or Korg synths. It's a rather complex soft synth on a new level, with up to 12 layers, that each have up to 4 oscillators. So it's almost like 12 synths in one.

The 4 oscillators on each layer can independently be any of these types: sample, sine, triangle, pulse, saw, white noise, pink noise, granular, spinal saw. Each layer has 2 filters, 4 effects, 8 LFO's, 4 envelopes, plus its own arpeggiator and modulation matrix.

The samples can come from the stock Biotek library, or you can import your own. Many of the factory presets use samples of nature sounds, blended with the synth oscillators to create cinematic soundscapes. But as you can see from the Arachnid expansion demo, it can do EDM as well, or just about anything you can think of.

It's enough to make your brain (or your PC) explode, especially if you dive into the countless modulations possible with 48 oscillators, 24 filters, 48 effects, 12 arpeggiators, and 12 mod matrices. Not to mention that you can automate nearly everything, including the x-y morphing between layers.

Plot thickens...

Last week I was just a humble guy trying to add some lush synth textures to a standard rock band setup. FM8 at $10 was a good steal for that.

Today I'm messing around with a 48-oscillator galore of sound synthesis, and an 11-operator FM workstation.

:x

Meanwhile, you did a better job than the entire Tracktion marketing team right there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1