Monetize your YouTube Aritst

whoisp

Is it all about the money? 

So if you have a digital distribution, example like DistroKid, you can distribute your music everywhere and receive some type of royalty, is the idea.  However, YouTube you must have a least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year. Once you reach that, you can apply to YouTube's Partner Program and monetize your channel. Until then, YouTube list your music under your Artist name followed by - Topic and will say something like Provided to YouTube by DistroKid.

Here's the thing, YouTube pick up all the advertising royalties for all your music until you get 1000 subscribers. Given there is over 1000 subscribers on this forum, why don't we all subscribe to each other channel so we each get a royalty and not YouTube?

Can we all add our channel here (i will then update a list)  and all make a effort to like each others channel? We help each other with cakewalk and bugs so why not with our channels? 

Here's my channel follow me i follow you, let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/whoisp

4 hours ago, whoisp said:

Is it all about the money? 

So if you have a digital distribution, example like DistroKid, you can distribute your music everywhere and receive some type of royalty, is the idea.  However, YouTube you must have a least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past year. Once you reach that, you can apply to YouTube's Partner Program and monetize your channel. Until then, YouTube list your music under your Artist name followed by - Topic and will say something like Provided to YouTube by DistroKid.

Here's the thing, YouTube pick up all the advertising royalties for all your music until you get 1000 subscribers. Given there is over 1000 subscribers on this forum, why don't we all subscribe to each other channel so we each get a royalty and not YouTube?

Can we all add our channel here (i will then update a list)  and all make a effort to like each others channel? We help each other with cakewalk and bugs so why not with our channels? 

Here's my channel follow me i follow you, let me know!

https://www.youtube.com/whoisp

Good idea. It can’t hurt, that’s for sure.

ok i just subscribed to yours, here’s mine:

https://youtube.com/user/KeniInExile

anybody else?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sheens said:

please let us know when - with all the efforts -  the first 0.000000000001 $ arrive !

for millions of YT plays like below vid I could  play guitar (I know a baseplayer too)

Done 

18 hours ago, Sheens said:

please let us know when - with all the efforts -  the first 0.000000000001 $ arrive !

for millions of YT plays like below vid I could  play guitar (I know a baseplayer too)

I don't know who actually recorded that one, but it also interesting that the video has almost 3.5M views and less than 700 subscribed.   

• Like 2