The Outer Banks - updated 7-9

jwnicholson78

I Just got back from our summer vacation. For the past few years, I have tried to write a small song while on vacation, and see if I can finish it before the end of the week. Whatever gets done, gets done. I usually get up early to work on it for an hour or so before heading out for sightseeing and the like.

This was made almost entirely on my Android tablet using FL Studio Mobile, with just a little bit of mastering with Ozone 9 in Cakewalk when I got home. The photos are from various places we visited. Comments, critiques and suggestions for improvement are always welcome.

Jeff

Edited by jwnicholson78
  • Like 2

Spent a lovely week on the Outer Banks once. My wife is what I refer to as a “horse girl “ so much time was spent pursuing the indigenous ponies. 
IIRC one did not walk barefoot to the sand as the paths were loaded with what her Auntie referred to as “foot-fers”!

t

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Spent a lovely week on the Outer Banks once. My wife is what I refer to as a “horse girl “ so much time was spent pursuing the indigenous ponies. 
IIRC one did not walk barefoot to the sand as the paths were loaded with what her Auntie referred to as “foot-fers”!

t

Sadly, I didn't actually see the horses myself.  My wife booked a tour, but she miscounted and turned out we were short a space when we went to the tour company.  So I took one for the team and went back to the house while everyone else went to see the horses, but at least they took some good pictures.

• Like 1

Good one! I've never been there but feel as if I had. I could see why you brought the bass up a bit, and for my ears it could do with just a hair more low end but that's just me. Pretty impressive, being done on the Android tablet, bet you had that thing maxxed!

cheers,

-Tom, who travels infrequently, unless we're counting mental walkabouts

20 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Good one! I've never been there but feel as if I had. I could see why you brought the bass up a bit, and for my ears it could do with just a hair more low end but that's just me. Pretty impressive, being done on the Android tablet, bet you had that thing maxxed!

cheers,

-Tom, who travels infrequently, unless we're counting mental walkabouts

Thanks Tom.  I agree, it could still use a little more low end.

The tablet did pretty well all things considered, especially considering most of the synths were doubled or tripled.    FL Studio Mobile is pretty efficient, and the best $15 bucks I ever spent on an Android app.  It's fun to noodle around with on long flights, too.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:43 PM, bjornpdx said:

Hi Jeff.  I think "summer vacation" is a music genre isn't it? This one certainly has that carefree feel to it. Nice blending of images with the music.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,

Yes, totally agree.  I love making the summer vacation music video every year.

Thanks for the listen and the comment.