Mixbus 7 and 7 XT Plugins

cclarry

$37.77

SUMMER SALE Save 89%. Get great sounding mixes fast with Mixbus! Mixbus is a console-style mixer with Harrison Console's built-in EQs, compressors, tape saturation and more. You won't need outboard analog summing with Mixbus because of our 'True Analog Mixing Engine' (T.A.M.E.)™. Tame harsh sound now with Mixbus!

Price shown is USD before VAT or tax.

XT plugins require Mixbus.
https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspring.com/mbv7-summer-sale-22

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicMan said:

The thing I wondered with this is if you already have Mixbus 32C, can you buy this just to get all the XT plugins and use them inside 32C or will they only be licensed inside this version of Mixbus?

so if i can confirm. you export all your stems as wav files and then mix in MixBus?

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

The thing I wondered with this is if you already have Mixbus 32C, can you buy this just to get all the XT plugins and use them inside 32C or will they only be licensed inside this version of Mixbus?

You can use the plugins in either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, daveiv said:

It took me a long while to realize that Mixbus is NOT a good DAW if you need to use the timeline a lot.

from what i have seen on other forums, people use it for mixing as it's supposedly better. i have no idea how you mix without a timeline. i guess i should check the demo one day. i just cant be bothered. every time i start digging into my DAW a bit, i discover there are all these other features i didn't know it did and i barely scratched the surface, so get dug into that.

6 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

from what i have seen on other forums, people use it for mixing as it's supposedly better. i have no idea how you mix without a timeline. i guess i should check the demo one day. i just cant be bothered. every time i start digging into my DAW a bit, i discover there are all these other features i didn't know it did and i barely scratched the surface, so get dug into that.

It emulates the analog mixing console pretty well. Kind of like Sonar ProChannel with less features but more intuitive interface.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

so if i can confirm. you export all your stems as wav files and then mix in MixBus?

That's how I use it personally. My main DAW is Cubase which I love and use for all recording and production, but I enjoy Mixbus purely for the mixing experience and sound. Cubase is still great for that and I use for mixdowns as well, but it's nice having both options. The combination of the buss saturation in Mixbus and even the quality of some of the stock effects in it allows for a really nice result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

That's how I use it personally. My main DAW is Cubase which I love and use for all recording and production, but I enjoy Mixbus purely for the mixing experience and sound. Cubase is still great for that and I use for mixdowns as well, but it's nice having both options. The combination of the buss saturation in Mixbus and even the quality of some of the stock effects in it allows for a really nice result.

Yeah. I am also a heavy Cubase user.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Yeah. I am also a heavy Cubase user.

Such a great DAW and with 12 Pro, I'm really left wanting, or needing very little.. almost nothing... I'm still finding and exploring new functionality.. it's pretty damn comprehensive!

7 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Are you using Mixbus or Mixbus 32C?  Any thoughts on the plugins?  I ended buying Mixbus 6 and Mixbus 32C 7 but haven't yet completed a project with either.

1 minute ago, MusicMan said:

Such a great DAW and with 12 Pro, I'm really left wanting, or needing very little.. almost nothing... I'm still finding and exploring new functionality.. it's pretty damn comprehensive!

still using 9.5 and 10.5. will wait until the next big anniversary release to upgrade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telecode 101 said:

still using 9.5 and 10.5. will wait until the next big anniversary release to upgrade.

Lots of brilliant and time saving updates and new features in 12, but even by 9.5 it was a really complete and great DAW. For me, Cubase is the most rounded and comprehensive there is. The other DAWs for sure all have some great features as well though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ALC said:

Are you using Mixbus or Mixbus 32C?  Any thoughts on the plugins?  I ended buying Mixbus 6 and Mixbus 32C 7 but haven't yet completed a project with either.

I'm using 32C and I'm really quite impressed with it for mixing. Cubase is more efficient on CPU etc, but like they pitch, I do also use more of the inbuilt stock plugins in 32C.

I got the XT Compressor for free with 32C and I really like it. Especially for sidechaining and ducking bass, when the kick hits, or ducking other instruments for vocals, etc. I have a tonne of other great and paid compressors, some costing more than I paid for 32C and I still reach for XT.

The XT gate (yes, it's just a gate!), I really like as well. The tape saturation on the busses in Mixbus are really great sounding too.

That's why I was considering getting this Mixbus, to get all the XT plugs as well, but just keep using 32C.

• Thanks 1