Reason 12 Upgrade

cclarry

I bought it (cuz I like to keep all my DAWs up to date, except Samplitude and Mixcraft: I've abandoned those two). I somehow missed/overlooked the update announcement 9 months ago. I'm not going to register it until 13 comes out (and then hopefully get the upgrade to 13 for free).

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

These upgrades used to be $129 list and $79 on sale from resellers until they hiked the it to $199 list last year, as TTF already hinted. 
Hence this $70-ish JRR sale isn’t that remarkable as the list hike was. 

Oh @Fleer  You neglected to mention that this isn't a historically low price for an upgrade!   😮 

Maybe the whole idea of the $199 price is just to hook the people who can't wait (as with Komplete) and then discount the upgrade sometime later for the same low, low  $70-ish price.  But unlike NI, this deal is only in stores.  It's still $199 on the site, so you have to be the kind of person who is always informed about sales. 

Oh well, I bought it yesterday.  Still waiting for JRR to supply me with the license.

Looking forward to messing around with the new Combinator, among other things. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Oh @Fleer  You neglected to mention that this isn't a historically low price for an upgrade!   😮 

Maybe the whole idea of the $199 price is just to hook the people who can't wait (as with Komplete) and then discount the upgrade sometime later for the same low, low  $70-ish price.  But unlike NI, this deal is only in stores.  It's still $199 on the site, so you have to be the kind of person who is always informed about sales. 

Oh well, I bought it yesterday.  Still waiting for JRR to supply me with the license.

Looking forward to messing around with the new Combinator, among other things. 

I believe you did well, TTF, as it wouldn’t go any lower, ever. Don’t know if I would wait for the next version to register, though, as this version should still go M1 native, or so they promised. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

I believe you did well, TTF, as it wouldn’t go any lower, ever. Don’t know if I would wait for the next version to register, though, as this version should still go M1 native, or so they promised. 

Thanks!  I'm definitely activating right away. I would have activated yesterday, if the serial came through.  😃

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Haha 1

I just want to say that I bought this on Saturday and today, Wednesday, I am still waiting.   I have followed up with Jesus at JRR and he says they don't have the license yet. 

I had time on Saturday to play with this.  Now I don't.  Maybe this weekend, assuming I have the license by this weekend. 

I know it's not JRR's fault, but I'll never do this again, when there's a license involved.    If I have the possibility of getting a license directly from the developer by spending a few dollars more, then that's what I'm going to do.

I'd ask for a refund today, but I don't know if I'd just screw myself because the deal ends today. 

EDIT:  Wrote to Jesus again this morning and got the serial a few hours later. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I just want to say that I bought this on Saturday and today, Wednesday, I am still waiting.   I have followed up with Jesus at JRR and he says they don't have the license yet. 

I had time on Saturday to play with this.  Now I don't.  Maybe this weekend, assuming I have the license by this weekend. 

I know it's not JRR's fault, but I'll never do this again, when there's a license involved.    If I have the possibility of getting a license directly from the developer by spending a few dollars more, then that's what I'm going to do.

I'd ask for a refund today, but I don't know if I'd just screw myself because the deal ends today. 

Bought it from Audiodeluxe this weekend and got it on Monday 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 2:48 AM, cclarry said:

REASON 12 UPGRADE

60% OFF

We wanna give you the best discount we've ever had on an upgrade... 60% off*!

Upgrade to Reason 12 today for just $79.6. Simply enter coupon code VIP60 at checkout. But hurry, this offer won't last long!

$70.31 with code FORUM at JRR

https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-upgrade

Thank you so much for this! I needed an upgrade to my Reason 10 for M1 Mac mini, plus liked all the new stuff! Money is tight so been waiting for great deals like this! 

But $499 for the full Reason 12 Perpetual version (or $444 with code "FORUM")???

Or even $399 for an upgrade from intro/lite, which many folks probably have...

The upgrade pricing might be nice for existing users, but who's going to pay that initial entry fee these days? 🙄

Edited by abacab