Disaster Strikes!!!

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Main on the Desktop, and if I run it with the Laptop, it's still the main, and the Laptop screen is the secondary!

MAkes sens  .... is it close to you or behind monitors axes ?

2 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

@Zo my comment was for the person quoted and had no reference to you. 

So my bad and my apoligies then , i'm editing my post so it doesn't fuel anything unecessary .

Don't see any quoted message that's why ;)

Now you got me intersted in that post actually lol 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Craig N said:

Have you tried setting it to the full resolution and increasing the scaling percentage accordingly? (eg if you're currently on 100% try 150%)

Everything should be the same size but a little bit clearer, unless there's anything that ignores the scaling settings and remains tiny. I think Windows 10 is pretty good with the DPI scaling nowadays. 

I'm actually using an Nvidia 3d anti aliasing option called "DSR - Factors" at 3x to run a virtual resolution of 4434x1871 which sort of fakes the appearance of those extra pixels, it's a lot like the look of old iMacs  before they went hi res. My monitor is a 34 inch ultra wide 2560x1080 and I wish I had extra pixels lol. I need a new PC before I get a new monitor though. So I have the scale of 150% set in Windows Display settings to bring things back to a usable size. 

Yeah, full resolution with 150% looks pretty much like 2560x1440 of course just a bit smoother.

This time at full resolution (3840x2160) at 100% ProTools text menu bar looks good. And 150% at full resolution looks good too.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bapu said:

This time at full resolution at 100% ProTools text menu bar looks ok.

At 1080P the lower third of the PT Text Menu is missing.  You can still make out what they say though,
but I'm at 150% scaling!

18 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I'm waiting for someone to drop they mix in a DAW in a VR. ?

Been there, done that! 😃

I used an HP Reverb G2 and the app Bigscreen Beta, which projects my desktop on a "gigantic theater-like virtual screen". With the goggles on I couldn't see the keyboard but, at a point in my workflow when I was doing primarily "mouse work" it actually worked pretty well (maybe better than my HD monitor, but probably not as good as a large 4k, which I don't have)

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

I still like using my 720p 10+years Vizio 32 TV.  It runs on an older system.

My eyesight is getting worse and I struggle with a 1080p 40 inch TV.

Interesting when you look at TV and computer monitors there doesn't seem much more real estate between a 32 and 40 TV.    I've seen 27 ans 32 inch monitors and doesn't seem a recognizable difference except for the price.