REMIX eff ho spider bites (mix critique please) I know it's weird as can be.

Jesse Screed

16 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Satan goes to A.A. apparently.

Arachnids Anonymous?

6 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Jesse Screed The guitar sound buried intentional? Yes the bass is a little dominating. It sounds like everything was recorded in different spaces.

Thanks Wookiee, I needed to hear that.

The bass was DI, then into IK ampeg

Guitar too, in IK AT 5

the key is the NI Gentleman

3 hours ago, jack c. said:

oh boy:this song is out there.jack c.

Yes, it is, I'm trying some new things.

Hey Jesse -- spiders - this had me itching and twitching.  As far as the mix, I thought that the bass was only a wee bit too strong in brief sections -- but that depends on what you thought what the bass represented and what you wanted from it.  For me the keyboard was the same way - a wee bit dominant but only at times.  Again that depends on what you were looking for.  Being a guitar guy to me any guitar should always be out front (yes, I am predjudiced for 6 strings).  Anyway, all that was nit picking.   I always find your stuff so doggone refreshing!

27 minutes ago, freddy j said:

Hey Jesse -- spiders - this had me itching and twitching.  As far as the mix, I thought that the bass was only a wee bit too strong in brief sections -- but that depends on what you thought what the bass represented and what you wanted from it.  For me the keyboard was the same way - a wee bit dominant but only at times.  Again that depends on what you were looking for.  Being a guitar guy to me any guitar should always be out front (yes, I am predjudiced for 6 strings).  Anyway, all that was nit picking.   I always find your stuff so doggone refreshing!

Hello Freddy!

Thanks for the comments.

I listened to it again, and it sounds like mush, I'll keep the wave file and trash the bandlab bundle file to free up space, clutter, and confusion, and try something new.

Thanks again for the comments.

No Jesse - don't trash the bundle!!!  The new mix sounds better (not that the 1st sounded bad at all).  IMHO it sounds good!  Given my prejudice I like the guitar part.  The point is do you like it.  Maybe - just put it away and come back to it when you feel like it.  Then get it to sound like you want it!