Arturia EFX fragments

simon

58 minutes ago, abacab said:

My loyalty price is $49. It would be an instant buy at $29, so think I'll wait for now...

Hmmm... FX Collection 2 + Fragments (free) is only $119 for me. May be a better deal, but I already have Rev PLATE-140, Chorus JUN-6, Filter MINI, and Tape MELLOW-FI. :)

Are there any "must have" plugins in the Arturia FX collection? I believe that I already have the others covered by 3rd party plugins. Got quite a few from Eventide, Exponential, Kilohearts, iZotope, Waves, plus just about all of IK Multimedia, and some others too numerous to list...

But I do like Fragments! Haven't seen anything quite like that yet!

So,  you basically have the freebies?   $119 for the collection + EFX is a great deal.  I really do specially like the delays and the reverbs.  (But I'm a delay and reverb kind of guy).  Delay Eternity is one of my favorites.

I have the $29 deal, but I haven't jumped yet, but I will.   I just wonder if there is going to me a couple more "EFX" effects, which will then be bundled.   I really do like Arturia - their products are good, their licensing customer friendly, and their product rollouts are really smooth.  (Unlike IK and Steinberg).

1 hour ago, abacab said:

My loyalty price is $49. It would be an instant buy at $29, so think I'll wait for now...

Hmmm... FX Collection 2 + Fragments (free) is only $119 for me.

Same here. I bought "3 Delays You'll Actually Use" and "3 Filters You'll Actually Use" before the FX Collection was a thing. Upgrade pricing to FX Collection was always more than I wanted to spend. Especially as I had no desire for any more compressors or preamps.

That, and I never actually use the 3 Delays or the 3 Filters, so yeah.

Would buy this new thing at $29... and then probably never use it either. Luckily, at $49 I don't have to find out!

17 minutes ago, husker said:

So,  you basically have the freebies?   $119 for the collection + EFX is a great deal.  I really do specially like the delays and the reverbs.  (But I'm a delay and reverb kind of guy).  Delay Eternity is one of my favorites.

That's correct, just the Arturia Freebies. But I do have about 100 other reverbs, delays, compressors, etc. Around 1,000 plugins total.

Not sure I need to collect another reverb or delay at this point, unless there is something just really spectacular that one of these does that nobody else's can do.

But I am a big fan of Aturia! Have their V-Collection, Pigments 3.5 with over 2,100 presets, and a KeyLab 61 MKii. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Would buy this new thing at $29... and then probably never use it either. Luckily, at $49 I don't have to find out!

Actually, this type of effect is right up my alley! $49 seems a bit steep for one effect though these days...

However, I only use synths and keys, and do not play guitar. I love anything that morphs a sound musically to create something new. Similar to the way that many guitarists love their stomp boxes! :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Hmmm... FX Collection 2 + Fragments (free) is only $119 for me. May be a better deal, but I already have Rev PLATE-140, Chorus JUN-6, Filter MINI, and Tape MELLOW-FI. :)

Are there any "must have" plugins in the Arturia FX collection? I believe that I already have the others covered by 3rd party plugins. Got quite a few from Eventide, Exponential, Kilohearts, iZotope, Waves, plus just about all of IK Multimedia, and some others too numerous to list...

But I do like Fragments! Haven't seen anything quite like that yet!

See if you can demo them first but I absolutely LOVE the Intensity Reverb and the three Delays (I'm a big fan of massive reverb).  I played with Bus Force yesterday a little more and really liked it on a drum bus (it does take up quite a but of CPU though).  I've had it for months now and haven't gotten too far with the others but everything I've tried have been really nice.  More toys isn't a bad thing, and I'm sure you'd like having the options, but you seem pretty covered.  Like the rest of us here, it's probably more of a "want" than a "need"?  LOL!

Edited by Release
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Release said:

More toys isn't a bad thing, and I'm sure you'd like having the options, but you seem pretty covered.  Like the rest of us here, it's probably more of a "want" than a "need"?  LOL!

Thanks for the feedback!

I want Fragments, but $49 for a single plugin is not budget friendly enough for me at the moment, and thankfully I can ignore the $119 crossgrade for stuff that I might (not) use. :)

1 hour ago, Release said:

See if you can demo them first but I absolutely LOVE the Intensity Reverb and the three Delays (I'm a big fan of massive reverb).  I played with Bus Force yesterday a little more and really liked it on a drum bus (it does take up quite a but of CPU though).  I've had it for months now and haven't gotten too far with the others but everything I've tried have been really nice.  More toys isn't a bad thing, and I'm sure you'd like having the options, but you seem pretty covered.  Like the rest of us here, it's probably more of a "want" than a "need"?  LOL!

I have FX Collection 1 and stopped there - I wouldn't get around to using some of the new plugins in FX2 but Intensity Reverb is one of my favorite go-to reverbs.  It's transparent and lush but at the same time has lots of ways to morph tails, add drive, stutter and LFO effects, etc.  Not too bad on CPU - pretty much along the lines of FF Pro-R.  Lots of good presets to give you a head start.  I do like their compressors, too - really solid emulations.  I haven't looked at TRacks since getting them.

• Like 1