The MODO DRUM upgrade deal was no deal (on Mac OS Catalina)

Bapu

Because my Mac Pro 2012 cannot get any OS installed beyond Catalina  and is has dual Xenon processors MODO DRUM will not upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.5.0 since it requires a CPU with AVX support or Apple Silicon CPU.

So, while it's all good on my PC, it's a freakin' bummer on Catalina.

Also, I have a similar problem with the latest updates to NI's Massive on Catalina.

So now I sit and wait on a sweet deal for an M1 processor/64-128gb ram/1tb SSD boot drive in a MacPro where I can install my 1tb NVme drive, 8tb samples drive, 4tb projects  drive and my 4tb extra data drive.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

I still love my M1 Macbook Air.

Cannot imagine how great that deal you are sitting on will be.

Although I myself am waiting for a more CPU oriented silicon Mac, because I am more about Guitar amps emulators and cpu plugins (fx) than libraries (I use them but not 100's of GB in a project).

8 hours ago, Last Call said:

I still love my M1 Macbook Air.

Cannot imagine how great that deal you are sitting on will be.

Although I myself am waiting for a more CPU oriented silicon Mac, because I am more about Guitar amps emulators and cpu plugins (fx) than libraries (I use them but not 100's of GB in a project).

Yeah, that would even be better. And I don’t need all that GPU power myself. 

12 hours ago, Bapu said:

Because my Mac Pro 2012 cannot get any OS installed beyond Catalina  and is has dual Xenon processors MODO DRUM will not upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.5.0 since it requires a CPU with AVX support or Apple Silicon CPU.

So, while it's all good on my PC, it's a freakin' bummer on Catalina.

Also, I have a similar problem with the latest updates to NI's Massive on Catalina.

So now I sit and wait on a sweet deal for an M1 processor/64-128gb ram/1tb SSD boot drive in a MacPro where I can install my 1tb NVme drive, 8tb samples drive, 4tb projects  drive and my 4tb extra data drive.

IIRC, there should be a new Mini with the new M1 CPU released soon. I have no idea how much it will cost you for that sort of storage space. I work in IT with stats researchers and some of them got new Mini's that are on market. I tried one out -- it's okay. I tried some of the more heavy number crunching stats code on it.. it runs okay.  a bit faster but nothing special. (it could also be the shitty written code LOL!!) I don't know. Maybe these machines really shine in photo and video editing work .. I don't know... to me its all just a newer gen CPU and RAM that will , in the not too distant future, be old garbage. For work, I am still rockin an old Core 2 w/ 16gb ram circa 2008. I can't be arsed to upgrade. I got a few more years until i retire early. i am hoping the  thing keeps running until then. then i torch the mutta fusker.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

Ordered my M1 Max 64GB 4TB mid November. What have I got? Nothing. 

I have no dog in this fight, but since I've been using and abusing a 2013-era pentium i7 computer, I'm curious because I know an upgrade can't be too far off.

So I looked up the price of your Mac flappy that you are waiting on. I found $3999. Please tell me it ain't so???

If that's the price, think of all the blockchain you'll have to mine in order to recoup that. I don't know if I said any of that right.

Feeling for you, Fleer. 

Btw this weakens your gripe with paying WUP. Chump change 😎

• Haha 1