To all the sheeple in farce of the quorum.

Bapu

4 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Which is better, live or studio?

Yes. 😁

There's a good chance I was at that concert too!  I was towards the back for most of their Irvine gigs, except for the famous Halloween show where I sat with Danny's wife and kid!  🙂👍

12 hours ago, craigb said:

Yes. 😁

There's a good chance I was at that concert too!  I was towards the back for most of their Irvine gigs, except for the famous Halloween show where I sat with Danny's wife and kid!  🙂👍

Internet rat-hole report: so I went looking for "Danny Elfman's wife" who it turns out has been Bridget Fonda since 2003. Which answers another long-posed question, why did she disappear from the movies?

News comes slowly to these parts . . . very slowly.

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Internet rat-hole report: so I went looking for "Danny Elfman's wife" who it turns out has been Bridget Fonda since 2003. Which answers another long-posed question, why did she disappear from the movies?

News comes slowly to these parts . . . very slowly.

Didn't know that!  I only saw them for several shows.  I happened to work with a guy named Jorge who was Danny's neighbor in Malibu.  They were good friends who both loved B movies even though Jorge wasn't fond of Danny's music.  However, when he found out that Oingo Boingo was one of my favorite bands (and I was even a member of Steve Bartek's forum - a really nice guy!), he asked Danny for tickets.   Their Halloween show was pretty famous so I was very jazzed to get free tickets to it!  We were right in the front row with the so-called "mosh pit" in front of us.  I was told that the lady to my left was his wife and the kid with blue hair was his, but I just looked and his son, Oliver, was born until 2005...  No idea there! 

What a fun time!

Edited by craigb

Just did a little bit of research.  Turns out Danny was married at the time to Geri Eisenmenger and it wasn't a son sitting next to me, but his daughter Lola (born in 1979).  The concert would have been their second Halloween gig in 1987.  I was at the first too, but sat in the back.  Interestingly, I was able to find a video of the concert!  No crowd shots that I could see though...  The best part was I took the girl from work named Terry that the entire office called Alice (as in Alice in Wonderland) because she had this awesome, flowing blond hair.  😁

Ah, memories... 😊

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

Well my Oingo stories don't hold a candle to yours, except I saw them three times when they played at UCSD in 1981/82. They were just starting to blow up, touring off the Only a Lad debut album, which as you know kicks total musical dancing art rock *****.

I danced so hard in the front of those three shows, with my friends, totally drenched in sweat at the end. The small venue had us only feet away from the players. Perhaps it was the college environment, but the dancing was frenetic, yet civilized. Like a mosh pit without the mosh. No one lost any teeth.

Absolutely fantastic. Any band with a guy named Vatos, AND a 64 yr old trumpet player, can't be all bad.

Edited by PhonoBrainer

Ha!  I went to a couple of those as well (born in San Diego and didn't move to Orange County until '87).  I still remember a cop being nice to a buzzed, underage kid and letting me go when I got caught with a cup of an adult beverage while leaving one of those concerts with my friends.  Heh...