Bitwig Summer Special

cclarry

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I agree with you on this one. I wanted to get into Bitwig because of Grid, but the price is just too steep for a year of support. I can justify never paying for WUP because Waves rarely updates their plugins and I don't feel compelled to pay for WUP (being on Windows). But while Bitwig does do meaningful upgrades frequently (I think), they are just too expensive for me over the long term.

I keep track of how often developers charge for upgrades.  As for Bitwig despite what it does it's not for me. I'm that way with Cubase except when the have that .5 upgrade sale I still buy it for $40 and hold out for the new version.   What is interesting about Live even though it;s v11 they are still updating 10. 

Every DAW does meaningful upgrade except for Magix Acid Pro.  Look at what is happening with Bandlab and it's free.  Fl Studio is another one.  Maybe when Bitwig become more financially secure they will change.

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I want to like Bitwig, I actually do lilke it from what I've gotten out of 8 track.

But I can't get my NI A25 to work. It keeps telling me it ran out of Memory when I try to turn on the device in Bitwig.

Anyone use an A series controller with Bitwig and gotten around it on Win 10?

I have an a49 and it is working in Bitwig.  I have seen this out of memory issue before in other DAWs, it usually means the midi driver is being used by another program.  Make sure you only add the a25 driver to bitwig, don't add the control a daw driver.

23 minutes ago, shawker said:

I have an a49 and it is working in Bitwig.  I have seen this out of memory issue before in other DAWs, it usually means the midi driver is being used by another program.  Make sure you only add the a25 driver to bitwig, don't add the control a daw driver.

Are you using the Moss control Extensions?

53 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Are you using the Moss control Extensions?

I've only used bitwig for about 15 minutes so far.  I set up my a49 as a generic controller with 8 knobs.  I can play notes and the knobs work, that is as far as I've gotten so far.  I don't see any Moss extensions.  I have the free 8 track version.

1 hour ago, shawker said:

I've only used bitwig for about 15 minutes so far.  I set up my a49 as a generic controller with 8 knobs.  I can play notes and the knobs work, that is as far as I've gotten so far.  I don't see any Moss extensions.  I have the free 8 track version.

That probably works, issues are when you use in and output ports

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 8:55 PM, Sander Verstraten said:

I want to like Bitwig, I actually do lilke it from what I've gotten out of 8 track.

But I can't get my NI A25 to work. It keeps telling me it ran out of Memory when I try to turn on the device in Bitwig.

Anyone use an A series controller with Bitwig and gotten around it on Win 10?

Sander, I got the Moss extensions to work with my a49 by setting both of the midi outs to the KK Control a DAW midi device.  If you have the KK a25 midi device as the midi out, you will get the out of memory error.