8Dio 50% discount code

Yan Filiatrault

26 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Confirming now that the “CC” in CCLarry stands for “credit card” cos that’s what I pull out every time I come here.

LOL....pretty much!

Actually the "CC" comes from a Company that I was the Manager of...Courtesy Communications.
We sold the 5 Major Carriers for Cell Phones, Direct TV, and Dish Network, and a host of other
Prepaid Cell Phones...

I took the moniker "cclarry" when I started working for Courtesy Communications,, and have had it ever since...

Now you know, as Paul Harvey would say, "the rest of the story" LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2021 at 8:59 AM, aidan o driscoll said:

The Advanced Guitar Series: Mandolin sounds Very Nice BTW ( $48 then do the 50% off )

So from a guitar person like me the Mandolin and the Advanced Guitar Series: Steel String seem like good bet. I have the Advanced Guitar Series: Guitalele already!!

Be aware that this is a 200 yr old mandolin, so it's a bowl-back with its inherent rather strident, super-bright sound. Good for classical music. If you're looking for a more modern, folk/bluegrass sound, your only options are Bolder Sounds or Orange Tree. However, the former has the A-strings not tuned together and the latter has too much fret noise and only 1 very slow tremolo speed. I'm convinced a good mandolin VSTi has not yet been made.

I wish I could see the 8dio manual to determine if 1) the tremolo speed is variable and 2)  the volume can be changed while the tremolo is active ( I guess you could always do that with automation but it wouldn't sound the same as making the pick more/less aggressive). Their demos are not very useful unless you're interested in sound design. They do not show enough tremolo to get a feel for how well it's done, and tremolo is a KEY mandolin technique. 

I just want you to be aware of what you'd be getting. If you wish, you can read some detailed info on mandolin VSTi's here.

Edited by fret_man
  • Thanks 1