Izotope Iris 2 FREE at Plugin Boutique

cclarry

Here's an update on my Iris 2 authorisation problem which might be of interest to folk here (especially if you ordered the same bundle from JRRShop)...

iZotope support got back to me today to say that the Iris 2 serial I purchased from JRRShop was from Hal Leonard and had been disabled.
When I looked back at my emails I ordered it in November 2018 and it was for a bundle comprising Iris 2 & Breaktweaker Expanded.

At the time Iris 2 authorised but Breaktweaker bundle did not so JRR sent some new serials which worked fine for Breaktweaker (and still do).
I now wonder if the serial for Iris 2 also had a problem which did not show up at the time but only some time later when I tried re-installing on my new system.

So...I have emailed JRR for a new Iris 2 serial... Let's see how they respond (I have already stopped using them for new purchases).

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 4:07 PM, TracingArcs said:

Got this for free from PB sometime ago. Have found importing my own samples and making weirdness more rewarding than the sounds built in. Not to be sneezed at for a freebie. And you do need a reasonable  rig . Because if you use this as well as some Kontakt, Reaktor libraries. You'll end up giving life support to your pc.

one of the cooler "out there" producers/music makers, Arca,  uses it exclusively to create his organic electronic avante-garde EDM music.

I can recall a few years ago that Iris 2 seemed quite "heavy" on my CPU, with some sounds easily reaching the breakup point.

But on my current PC, the CPU meter barely registers when using it. Running at 48000/24 with 256 buffers. So this is much more usable now than when first released!

8 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Well I only used it once, it said no dice, so it was kaput before I got there?  :)

Philosophically, it's my fault for wanting something for nothing . . .

If you have a second email account, create a second PB account, to see
if it will work in that account, as a "test"

I bought it about 6 months ago for I think 50.00. It worked ok on my old win 7 system.. which is not a power house by any stretch - but it is efficient.  Something about having difficulty accessing some basic envelope control that put me off on it. Can't quite recall what that was - but maybe I should give it another test run.

3 minutes ago, RBH said:

but maybe I should give it another test run.

Probably.

I have many virtual instruments (but no Omnisphere, yet), and find that there is really noting else quite like it.

Not sure what your main genre is, but if you really like atmospheric, ethereal, cinematic, organic, and evolving sounds it is perfect for that! 🙂