Current and Back Issues of Computer Music

cclarry

Hi thanks for reply did that include trance gate etc is the three paid for ones or just the free toolbox please ? Just I read elsewhere that people couldn't find the three paid for plugins in the archive on filesilo ?

I'm going to buy a load of back issues just for the samples though anyway

Edited by Mark B
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark B said:

Hi thanks for reply did that include trance gate etc is the three paid for ones or just the free toolbox please ? Just I read elsewhere that people couldn't find the three paid for plugins in the archive on filesilo ?

I'm going to buy a load of back issues just for the samples though anyway

All you do is download and install it, and when it asks for license use the email you registered with filesilo. I did that and got all 3 plugins plus all the free ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic Russ said:

I had let my subscription lapse for about six months.  Any recent issues worth checking out?

I'm only interested in the Plugins (though I do peruse the rest, it is usually of limited value to me)

Therefore, strictly from the VST adn VSTi perspective, Baby Audio Delay is the only thing I personally actually installed, it has been very "light" in that regard.   Lots of samples and things of that nature per the usual, but again not usually anything that is of value to me personally.  It seems it was about 6 months ago there was a offer to pay $1 to get 3 free issues....from Zinio  and you could stack them...effectively getting 6 issues for $2....and thus for me....like paying $2 for the single delay plugin (which I don't need thanks to owning things like Boz's imperial delay)

There are at least two online magazine subscription services that include Computer Music, Readly and Magzter.   A subscription to either gets you every new issue plus access to a large back issue collection.  Using them you can register at FileSilo for all those issues.

Readly has Computer music issue 286 (Oct 2020)  through issue 214 (March 2015) then it has a single issue it claims is Feb 2014, but is really issue #213 Feb 2015.  It has no issues before that.  Readly also includes Music Tech, the German and US versions of Beat, Future Music and a few more music magazines.  I think it's $9.99/month, cancel anytime.  So you could buy it for one month every year and "collect" all the Computer Music, Beat, etc downloads.  Though some codes are only valid for limited time/etc. 
https://us.readly.com/

Magzter Gold has a lot of overlap with Readly, but doesn't have Beat for example.  It does have Computer Music/Future Music.  For Computer Music it includes issues back to issue #200 Feb 2014 (so more than Readly).
https://www.magzter.com/

I have subs to both, though my Magzter gold sub is some crazy deal of $9.99/every 3 months -- not sure you can get that anymore.  I think Readly is the better service for music magazines but the price is a lot higher.  Magzter has/makes deals and offers, Readly I haven't seen any (but I'd bet they do have them also if you are willing to wait).  If my $3.33/month deal at Magzter ever ends I'll most likely cancel it.  The unique titles on it that I like are a lot smaller than on Readly.  But it's good enough to keep for $3.33/month.

Neither require a Apple tablet/computer (unlike Texture, which I liked before Apple bought them out).  The only music magazine I still read that I can't get on any of them is Sound On Sound, which I've moved to a Zinio subscription since Zinio does deals (unlike SoS direct subs which doesn't really discount all that much).  That does mean I don't have access to the SoS forum/website, but Zinio discounts more than make up for that.  Though you have to wait for a Zinio sale to get a good deal.  Lucky for us Zinio has sales pretty much endlessly.  I think they both offer free trials.