NI Butch Vig Drums

cclarry

HARD-HITTING HYBRID DRUMS

Legendary drummer and producer Butch Vig brings you punchy, production-ready grooves—with over 25% off for limited time.

KONTAKT Play Series: BUTCH VIG DRUMS gives you heavily processed drum sounds designed by a true production master. Choose from 21 customizable kits each with 16 preset grooves, to lay down rhythm tracks that work in a variety of styles. Get it now for just $49 until October 1st.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/play-series/butch-vig-drums/

Seems like this is aimed a very different market to their previous "Drummer" series for Kontakt.  I am not sure what to think about the direction of the Play series, a little bit geared to instant gratification at the expense of versatility??  I hope the next iteration of Komplete offers a little more than new Play series instrument and the expansion pack they seem to be favoring of late.

I had a quick scan through the manual and it does not look like individual drums can be output to separate audio channels, but I guess that is all about ready mixed and if the demos are anything to go by that is something it does quite well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, antler said:

The impression I got of the Play series are that they are pick-up-and-play instruments: good for inspiration/putting ideas down quickly.

If that were the case though, surely they would have given the series a name that conveyed that idea to the user..

Oh wait.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1