Sonible smart:reverb is out!

Reid Rosefelt

I know that Lars posted that this is coming... but it's here.

I need another reverb like a hole in the head so I wasn't going to buy this.   But I love Sonible. 

I signed up for the discount and it is only $50.  I assume it's that for everybody.  I don't know how long the intro price will last.  Pretty good price for a cutting edge reverb, assuming it sounds as good as it looks.  But Sonible has never disappointed before.

It's got the sonible technology and the look of something like an Output product or XO.   Hmmm...

More info HERE

I am going to download the demo and see what I think.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

It's €65 with the discount code for me, 20% VAT included. Quite a big difference between euros and dollars...

Edit: I mean even without the VAT the price in euros is higher.

The VAT added a lot until I set up an account and it took it out. 

I don't know if it made any difference that I own five sonible plugins. 

On 8/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

After a quick demo this feels like a bit of a gimmick. Wasn't overly thrilled by the characteristics of the reverb it provided. But will test on.

3 hours ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

Demoed more and pulled the trigger. It is in fact quite nice once you get around the concept.

Thank you 👍👍👍, was hoping you would post back, don't have time myself, and my code just arrived by Email. Seeing how you went from your first post to the second, that's enough for me.

I like the Sonible stuff.

5 hours ago, simon said:

anybody have a discount code that they aren't going to use for this ?

Maybe write them?  They are better off with you buying it now rather than waiting for a sale someday.   Anyway you have nothing to lose.

I've been busy, but I'm looking forward to demoing this as I am such a Sonible fan.

I remember when I went to IMSTA in New York. The Sonible booth was the best place (along with Greg Ondo of Steinberg). They were very patient and gave me really straight talk, which led me to buy the compressor.  As I already loved their EQs, it didn't take a lot to convince me. 😃

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi - I downloaded the trial but unfortunately both Vst2 and 3 versions crash my PC - I'm on Windows 10

Anyone else had any issues?

Nigel

Working for me however I noticed it is very disturbing CPU so without huge buffer I was unable to run it without crack/pops etc.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi - I downloaded the trial but unfortunately both Vst2 and 3 versions crash my PC - I'm on Windows 10

Anyone else had any issues?

Nigel

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

Working for me however I noticed it is very disturbing CPU so without huge buffer I was unable to run it without crack/pops etc.

No crashing issues here, and no high CPU use to speak of, somewhat lower CPU than IK's Sunset Sound Studio Reverb which never really bothered me.

I don't use CbB though, this is on Studio One 5 v5.0.1, and not up to date Windows 10, v1903, using buffer size of 128

Edited by ensconced

Upped my buffer size and it started to work - been playing with it for a while and all seems OK - however I tried it on a couple of dry drums loops against some of my preferred Reverbs (Aether / Valhalla room and vintage) and well it was OK but not better  - in fact (I expect because I am very familiar with it and know how to get what I'm after out of it) I preferred both Aether and Vintage Verb on those particular drum loops

But definitely worth a try I think

Nigel