RIP Tim Smith

pwal³

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Original name of the band was "Cardiac Arrest". I don't the know the cause of death, but wouldn't it be ironic...

Yeah, even I didn't go for that joke.  Apparently, he has suffered neurological damage for years after, yep, a heart attack.

In 2008, Smith suffered a heart attack and stroke and underwent a long period of rehabilitation. He experienced a lack of oxygen to the brain during cardiac arrest and was diagnosed with dystonia, which causes muscles to contract uncontrollably. A fundraiser set up for his care in 2018 read: “This condition has affected Tim’s movement, his dexterity, his ability to speak, and it has added painful muscle tone and spasms that are a permanent feature of his life these days.”

In 2017, Smith described his condition: “Imagine if you were wearing a skintight bodysuit made of fishnet all around you, with electrical pulses going all the time. This is what my body feels like unless I fall asleep.”

27 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

" ... it has added painful muscle tone and spasms that are a permanent feature of his life these days.”

In 2017, Smith described his condition: “Imagine if you were wearing a skintight bodysuit made of fishnet all around you, with electrical pulses going all the time. This is what my body feels like unless I fall asleep.”

Got the T-shirt.