Puns Anyone? Got 'em? Post 'em.

Notes_Norton

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

-offensiveline.jpg.2bc979ea8fa2158b224b8e3a19c71425.jpg

When I first moved to Huntington Beach California back in 1987, I could exit the front door of my apartment, cross the complex access road, and go through a gate in a wall that put me at the back door of a bar that was part of a strip mall.  

This turned out to be the same small bar that Jim Everett (who's a few months older than me and is famous for the staged "Christ Everett" scene on the Jim Rome show) would go to.    He always went with his left guard, Tom Newberry, who was very offensive and caused a lot of the problems there!   He was always throwing peanuts at people and pissing them off, at least until they turned around a saw a guy who's 6'2" 285 lbs. staring back at them! 😆

craigb itihrn: OMG!  Now I'm having flash-backs to those friends that had one of those odd combo organs! 😆

Like this? My oldest brother gave me one of these when I was 15. Much better than the Magnus Chord Organ we had before. 

acetonetop5.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rfssongs said:

I was in the store and I saw a sign at the end of the aisle that said bar soap. That's crazy, do you really have to bring your own soap when you go out drinking now ?

Have you seen how dirty most bars are??! 😮

(But mostly the soap is just used as hippy repellant. 😁)

On 2/22/2024 at 4:33 PM, 57Gregy said:

craigb itihrn: OMG!  Now I'm having flash-backs to those friends that had one of those odd combo organs! 😆

Like this? My oldest brother gave me one of these when I was 15. Much better than the Magnus Chord Organ we had before. 

acetonetop5.jpg

The first one I played was one of these:

scnbtn55marcshouznlp.jpg

It was a lot easier to schlep than a real B3. 

We were in a group, the keyboard player also played guitar. We learned Psychotic Reaction, and there wasn't a sax part we could force in the song, so he played guitar and I doubled on the organ.

At the end there is a 'psychedelic' 2-beat section. I would kick off my boot and play glissandi the organ with my foot. More than once, a gal from the audience commented that I was such a good organ player, that I could play it with my foot.

Ah. Show-biz rules.

Notes ♫

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Hmmm, should this go here, or the lame music cartoon thread?

Don't be too concerned

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning, since the world's been turning

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1