Spitfire Moon Guitar Updated

cclarry

5 minutes ago, simon said:

I feel victimised ! - I'm going to demand my money back....oh hang on :D

No it's not just you honestly! I'm now getting Error #1 on Strings 2 which I didn't touch and they appear to load and play just fine (unless it was a cunning plan by the mysterious optimise). Also Dulcimer samples have disappeared again but it doesn't give an error.

Despite liking the content I have never used any of it and I'm pretty sure I have most of it covered elsewhere anyway. So I am seriously tempted to delete the whole thing to save some space and some aggro :) Alternatively, maybe a fresh install of everything would improve matters.  

Edited by ZincT
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, simon said:

tried that larry  - also tried the logout/login technique that "I thought" worked last time - wonder if they stagger the rollout to reduce server load ? who knows :)

That's a good possibility...just retry later and see if it shows up!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

No it's not just you honestly! I'm now getting Error #1 on Strings 2 which I didn't touch and they appear to load and play just fine (unless it was a cunning plan by the mysterious optimise). Also Dulcimer samples have disappeared again but it doesn't give an error.

Despite liking the content I have never used any of it and I'm pretty sure I have most of it covered elsewhere anyway. So I am seriously tempted to delete the whole thing to save some space and some aggro :) Alternatively, maybe a fresh install of everything would improve matters.  

there is a "repair" function if you click on the product icon ?

and I think optimise does the lot ....not just the one that has optimise text on it

2 minutes ago, simon said:

there is a "repair" function if you click on the product icon ?

and I think optimise does the lot ....not just the one that has optimise text on it

Yes I tried the repair and it goes ahead and does it's stuff but I still get the same errors.

2 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes I tried the repair and it goes ahead and does it's stuff but I still get the same errors.

the Sptifire downloader is normally pretty solid ? it's all a bit odd - wonder what's going on.  I know the LABS stuff is free but most of their product line is pretty £££.

8 minutes ago, simon said:

the Sptifire downloader is normally pretty solid ? it's all a bit odd - wonder what's going on.  I know the LABS stuff is free but most of their product line is pretty £££.

It makes me wonder if their paid (and expensive stuff) is as flakey as this?

5 minutes ago, ZincT said:

It makes me wonder if their paid (and expensive stuff) is as flakey as this?

I've got a few bits an pieces - the kontakt based stuff - sounds great but I don't really like the (tiny) kontakt inferface.   There was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth from windows BBCSO when that came out..........

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ZincT said:

I still have dulcimer but getting error #1 on the strings as well 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

I still have dulcimer but getting error #1 on the strings as well 

I don't have any errors any more; I uninstalled it this morning. 

It has left quite a lot of stuff behind. I normally use Revo Uninstaller but I must have installed LABS before I got it so a manual hunt is required.

The LABS vst dlls are still in their folders along with the main sample/preset folder (>8Gb). The bonus is that while searching I came across a 2Gb folder full of aax files which is now gone (it was in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins ). I always de-select aax when I install things but I guess some programs install them anyway. 

Edited by ZincT