PA Flash Sale - Shadow Hills Green

cclarry

Grrr... Again deal useless for 50/75V owners... :(

And it is the only plugin on the sale so no way to be able to use it even with additional 'random' plugin added to cross the minimum limit.

Hm, but maybe it would work as kind of desensitization and in turn I would lose interest in looking at any deals from them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, simon said:

if you have the $50 voucher you could add bx_tuner ?

Yep, I know the trick, I have already some tuner licenses...

38 minutes ago, Greg said:

Tuner is lowest one to add. I think that’s 19. Same boat here. Scratch that - see Simon mentioned above!

I decided to skip everything what is not in my interest, no more random plugins,tricks etc... If PA don't intend to provide any interesting deals for 50/75 owners comparable for 25V owners let it be...

It did really frustrate me...

After some months no buying anything from PA I will be again at 25V level with my last year spend or maybe even lose interest in buying anything from them...

I do really getting frustrated when seeing "the more you buy the worse you are treated by manufacturer" policy...

Anyway there are some alternatives for this plugin like Acustica Audio with Aquamarin4 and SKNote with SDC...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, antler said:

I know it's common practice for some companies, but I kinda hate how the advertised price is ex VAT; there's a nasty surprise (and purchase re-evaluation) after adding to cart.

agreed - but they are US based so they don't normally account for that in the 'base' price.  In the UK websites selling to 'home' users are obliged to include it. 

I've noticed that most of the PA threads rarely contain commentary on the uses and merits of the plugin itself, but always offer commentary on the discounts and voucher strategies.

Or do I just imagine this?

I have a few of theirs, like a Lindell multiband compressor, the maag eq4 and the spl eq rangers and transient shaper.

I feel like I might be missing out on some "wow" PA plugin somewhere . . . feel free to recommend anything!?!

13 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

I've noticed that most of the PA threads rarely contain commentary on the uses and merits of the plugin itself, but always offer commentary on the discounts and voucher strategies.

I have a few of theirs, like a Lindell multiband compressor, the maag eq4 and the spl eq rangers and transient shaper.

I feel like I might be missing out on some "wow" PA plugin somewhere . . . feel free to recommend anything!?!

true, and I'm guilty as charged.

The new lindell series 80 is amazing

DearVR - very niche but very good

Focusrite channel is good

VSM3 is recommended

I use the Lindell 254 on everything :)

Zo is the man for these kind of recommendations of course - check his video reviews

edit: also never, ever buy at full price - there are frequent sales with massive savings ...and that's why we're here.

edit v2: if you have money to spend TODAY then take a look at the arturia plugin collection - linked somewhere on this forum.  I don't know if you have any other Arturia products as you may have a crossgrade offer.   They sound first rate and it's a very good collection.

Edited by simon
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

It depends ;) It could be true last weeks because the latest thing which was game changer for buyer was changed PA selling politics...

But in many older posts you could easily find threads about plugs themselves.  They are doing really great plugins and if would ask me about my favorites (among what I already have) it would be quite a long list ;)

Some of very nice would be for instance:

ACME Audio Opticom XLA-3
Black Box Analog Design HG-2
Brainworx bx_townhouse Buss Compressor
elysia mpressor
elysia Phil's Cascade
SPL Vitalizer MK2-T
Vertigo VSC-2

• Thanks 1

All i can say friends is that if someone have the alpha comp or the spl iron , no need to stress about this one ,  it s great and the only advantage is the double topology , understand 2 comps in series that can be easily done by yourself ... 

question if someone has a 75 vaucher and i gibe him my 25 one , can he by two instances and use sevral vauchers ? If this can help .

• Thanks 1