PSP BinAmp Binson Echorec Saturation Plugin for $29

cclarry

4 minutes ago, jngnz said:

One of the best saturations to tame highs. Makes its way onto 50% of master busses and like 100% of overheads. Highly recommended!

I like the Pulsar Echorec. You can turn off the effect and just use the preamp. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

I like the Pulsar Echorec. You can turn off the effect and just use the preamp. 

I would categorise that preamp as „fairly nice“ while BinAmp is world class. So you need both, clearly!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

And the Audiority one. 

And PlexiTape while you're at it, because that's by far the nicest of the "preamps that aren't really preamps".

5 minutes ago, jngnz said:

And PlexiTape while you're at it, because that's by far the nicest of the "preamps that aren't really preamps".

I’ll throw in a wild card here. I bought Audiothing Voice yesterday. Admittedly it’s a compressor but it’s got the nicest compression and saturation I’ve heard on a guitar for ages. Was a surprise for me. 

Edited by MrFigg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrFigg said:

I’ll throw in a wild card here. I bought Audiothing Voice yesterday. Admittedly it’s a compressor but it’s got the nicest compression and saturation I’ve heard on a guitar for ages. Was a surprise for me. 

I had to check, and yep, I own AudioThing Voice. Thanks for the reminder!  🙄

+1 on the Pulsar Echorec.

I was surprised when PSP came out with this - surprised at the price and surprised that it was just saturation.  Why just saturation when they can obviously do the delay as well?  So it was an easy pass.

The IK Tape Echo is pretty good too. I found you can automate the Sustain and get great feedback.

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

One of the best saturations to tame highs. Makes its way onto 50% of master busses and like 100% of overheads. Highly recommended!

Thanks for the reminder about using saturation to tame highs.

• Like 2