Musio 1 50% off ($199) for one week

BTP

Musio 2 may be around the corner and i am really REALLY curious to see what will be the upgrade price from 1.

In this video they stated that the model would be similar to that of NI with Komplete.

see around 18:00 they explain the model similar to Komplete.

in that case the upgrade price should be relatively friendly at least later on sale.

The above video is really interesting, they seem a bunch of people really passionate about this product

it would be great if they pull that off

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

Musio 2 may be around the corner and i am really REALLY curious to see what will be the upgrade price from 1.

In this video they stated that the model would be similar to that of NI with Komplete.

see around 18:00 they explain the model similar to Komplete.

in that case the upgrade price should be relatively friendly at least later on sale.

The above video is really interesting, they seem a bunch of people really passionate about this product

it would be great if they pull that off

Like making a clusterfrack out of their installation?  Being like NI now brings a sense of fear. 

BTW I like Musio. If they want to be like NI they should have a much cleaner file system look at the folders of the Musio library.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:. 

BTW I like Musio. If they want to be like NI they should have a much cleaner file system look at the folders of the Musio Library

I agree it is not pratical, but sounds great

What is keeping me out of Musio is waiting to see how that model will work out with the next iteration

selling the thing for 200$ 😬really dont get how is that viable.

the previous model was even scarier! “Musio for life”
i really dont see how do you keep producing quality libraries for ten or more years and all you got was 499$ (from each sell)in the beggining and nothing more… ever

Well wish them luck because those are quality libraries 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoncaloL said:

I agree it is not pratical, but sounds great

What is keeping me out of Musio is waiting to see how that model will work out with the next iteration

selling the thing for 200$ 😬really dont get how is that viable.

i really dont see how do you keep producing quality libraries for ten or more years and all you got was 499$ (from each sell)in the beggining and nothing more… ever

Well wish them luck because those are quality libraries 

Using their own player - no increasing costs of a developed library. 

The rise of hobbyists means more sales.

At the turn of the century many libraries were 4 figures and fewer samplers. If you could download them today they seem quite primitive.

17 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Using their own player - no increasing costs of a developed library.

I get that.. but that second premisse is only aplicable to Musio 1 they have most of their catalog on Musio 1 i think (might be wrong) so for Musio 2 they have to be releasing new libraries where those development costs have to be taken into account.

Thats why i said that im really curious to see what will end up being their model and pricing next 🙂

1 hour ago, GoncaloL said:

If you watch the AMA (at least from around 18:00 mins), they say they won't be doing the lifetime licence again. They used the funds to build up their product to where it is today; their gift to these 'founders' is that they never have to pay for any of Musio's  updates again. All customers from that point will have to pay for Musio 1, Musio 2, etc... and/or subscribe for new instruments.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, antler said:

If you watch the AMA (at least from around 18:00 mins), they say they won't be doing the lifetime licence again. 

I know ..lets see how will work that Musio 2 when it comes

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Like making a clusterfrack out of their installation?  Being like NI now brings a sense of fear. 

BTW I like Musio. If they want to be like NI they should have a much cleaner file system look at the folders of the Musio library.

What is wrong with the Musio installation?  I've found it to be very smooth for installation, updates, and new library downloads.  Same for the folder structure - what is wrong with that?

1 hour ago, husker said:

What is wrong with the Musio installation?  I've found it to be very smooth for installation, updates, and new library downloads.  Same for the folder structure - what is wrong with that?

Nothing.........now NI that's a different story.

As for Musio folders are not categorized by library.  It's a bunch of folders with numbers and letters.  That's whats wrong with it.  I probably have more folders in Music than in all of Komplete.   It's not like you can archive those and know what they are.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

Nothing.........now NI that's a different story.

As for Musio folders are not categorized by library.  It's a bunch of folders with numbers and letters.  That's whats wrong with it.  I probably have more folders in Music than in all of Komplete.   It's not like you can archive those and know what they are.

That's true, but I would argue that only the Musio app needs to decipher them.  The programmer actually explained why he used the naming process in a YT video last year, but I don't recall the specifics. I moved my Musio sample library manually once, and moved it again to a new PC. There is a utility built in that will do it, but I didn't know about it at the time.  It was able to load up the samples without re-downloading, so a recovery from backup should not be an issue.  Just an FYI- they also do updates to the samples (there is a version # shown per patch), so you have to download  again if they were updated.

11 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

That's true, but I would argue that only the Musio app needs to decipher them.  The programmer actually explained why he used the naming process in a YT video last year, but I don't recall the specifics. I moved my Musio sample library manually once, and moved it again to a new PC. There is a utility built in that will do it, but I didn't know about it at the time.  It was able to load up the samples without re-downloading, so a recovery from backup should not be an issue.  Just an FYI- they also do updates to the samples (there is a version # shown per patch), so you have to download  again if they were updated.

I'm putting it all on a 1TB external.   BTW it does move the files to that location.  They got a lot right in this.

• Like 2