Latest Sonar doesn't show GUI of PSYN II

DNnX

Title says all.
It shows black GUI. Sound is OK.

It works correctly in Cakewalk by BandLab, so it shouldn't be my installation issue.

BTW, I can also report that V-Vocal, Cyclone, TTS-1, GrooveSynth are working as expected in the Sonar.
Long live DX :)

I realize this is not exactly what you are seeing, but...
When I run through the module selections in the Pro Channel all the VKFX (with the exception of VKFX Amp)
are black until I cursor over them. Style Dial and FX Chain as well. Once inserted into Pro Channel they are fine.

Psyn II being black when inserted, well "that's a horse of a different color" (ouch)

Have you reported this in the menu: Help>Report a problem?

t

1 hour ago, DeeringAmps said:

@Wookiee In Sonar for me, and I have used the Problem Reporter.
In reviewing DNxX's post I believe its Sonar for him as well.

t

It works in CbB but not Cakewalk Sonar, it has been reported. 

23 hours ago, Xoo said:

Works fine here in Sonar . . . .

Likely to be a registry key permission.

Since Cakewalk Sonar correctly picks up the presence of PSYN II, but fails to properly display the PSYN II's UI, it seems like a bug to me.   If Cakewalk Sonar correctly displays the other legacy instruments, it seems to me it should also display PSYN IIs UI correctly.

UPDATE (2024-03-27): See Canopus' suggestion:

19 hours ago, Canopus said:

The solution to get Psyn II to display in Sonar is to disable Enhanced Display Scaling in Edit > Preferences > Customization > Display | Enhanced Display Scaling (requires restart).

Edited by User 905133
to add an update

2 hours ago, Xoo said:

Works fine here in Sonar . . . .

Likely to be a registry key permission.

Since Cakewalk Sonar correctly picks up the presence of PSYN II, but fails to properly display the PSYN II's UI, it seems like a bug to me.   If Cakewalk Sonar correctly displays the other legacy instruments, it seems to me it should also display PSYN IIs UI correctly.

13 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

the other legacy instruments

you can't assume they're all the same dev wise, many/some were bought from indie devs, they all work differently

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

you can't assume they're all the same dev wise, many/some were bought from indie devs, they all work differently

I didn't assume anything of the sort.  If you took the time to read what the OP wrote:

On 3/25/2024 at 4:30 AM, DNnX said:

Title says all.
It shows black GUI. Sound is OK.

It works correctly in Cakewalk by BandLab, so it shouldn't be my installation issue.

BTW, I can also report that V-Vocal, Cyclone, TTS-1, GrooveSynth are working as expected in the Sonar.
Long live DX
:)  [emphasis added]

when you read what I wrote:

19 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

you might have realized that I was simply verifying what the OP stated.

That being said, I think it's fair to say that if something has worked continuously in Cakewalk/SONAR and suddenly no longer works in Cakewalk Sonar, it might be of interest for the developers to know that PSYN II didn't make the transition into Sonar.

I made no assumptions about the cause; I made no assumptions about possible remedies.

blimey, gosh, sorry and furry muff, i picked up on the "legacy instruments" comment which i took as grouping them all together: "if one/others work/s so should the others":

32 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

If Cakewalk Sonar correctly displays the other legacy instruments, it seems to me it should also display PSYN IIs UI correctly.

personally i don't think they're a priority for the devs as they probably have a fixed thing and can't change that code, otherwise why not make vst versions? (sell them to everyone else then, make some money)

tbf there's maybe some change to the dx interaction with windows that hasn't been addressed (or the gui images are in the wrong place security-wise) dunno, just joining in with the speculation 🤷‍♀️ just because some legacy stuff still works doesn't mean it all will, maybe why it's/they're not included with the later/more recent releases  🤷‍♀️

On 3/25/2024 at 4:16 PM, Wookiee said:

It works in CbB but not Cakewalk Sonar, it has been reported. 

The solution to get Psyn II to display in Sonar is to disable Enhanced Display Scaling in Edit > Preferences > Customization > Display | Enhanced Display Scaling (requires restart).

I’ve seen other display issues that can be resolved by not having this option enabled, but that’s a discussion for the Beta forum.

• Thanks 3
  • Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

is that a new feature supporting the vector business?

Vector graphics works even with that setting disabled, but, to be honest, I have no idea what intended use that Preference setting has.

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

Vector graphics works even with that setting disabled, but, to be honest, I have no idea what intended use that Preference setting has.

I could be wrong, but I believe it has something to with plugins that support GUI resizing. Some plugins, particularly old ones don't resize. Probably the man to ask would be @Ben Staton.