HORNET Sleek 88% off

Mark Dineen

HoRNet Sleek 88% ofUntil March 24th at 23:59:59 (Italy time) 

Just go to our website and enter the code:

88SLEEK24

at checkout to get 88% off our automatic resonance suppressor.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/

The poor man's Soothe -- it's actually quite good! (been using the demo, knew to wait for the sale) -- available for 3.60 euro.

Edited by Mark Dineen
addition
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Bought it to go with the rest of the HoRNet plug-ins I seldom use.

That's more common than not with just about every developer.

I don't mind giving this developer a few bucks. There's more positives than negatives.  I get the impression he's not really into it for the money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kitekrazy said:

That's more common than not with just about every developer.

I don't mind giving this developer a few bucks. There's more positives than negatives.  I get the impression he's not really into it for the money.

Sadly the last few releases I've purchased had issues with Cakewalk....this being one of them.  Hope it gets sorted out.

I don't really have such issues with other devs.

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Sadly the last few releases I've purchased had issues with Cakewalk....this being one of them.  Hope it gets sorted out.

I don't really have such issues with other devs.

He will fix it instead of  "cakewalk is not supported"

46 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

He will fix it instead of  "cakewalk is not supported"

Well Tape MKII has been out for a while now and certainly wouldn't recommend dragging a corner on it

These are not special routing functions, with basic VST3 compatibility they should all work fine in Cakewalk.  

image.thumb.png.c62d8d5bcedce233541fc53ad0db471b.png

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Bought it to go with the rest of the HoRNet plug-ins I seldom use.

Think of it more in terms of, "But look how many plugins I have!"

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jude77 said:

Think of it more in terms of, "But look how many plugins I have!"

More like "oh for the love of Pete, look how many freakin' plug-ins I have." 🙄

At this point, I don't buy mixing plug-ins unless it's to toss Saverio a few bucks. His VHS is the only one of his I use regularly, just for the EQ curve, not the room emulation.

The only effect plug-ins that I'm interested in at this point are sound design-y ones.

There are ones in the MeldaProduction MComplete bundle that I haven't even tried yet.

• Like 1

I run into the luxury problem of „too many choices“ all the time, either resulting in being overwhelmed or never checking out stuff I bought and using regular old stuff instead.

Last weekend, I was quite inspired by VenusTheory's video about choice paralysis where he and others basically came to the unanimous conclusion that creativity is sparked best by having to work around constraints.

I have a list of my favourite basic plugins (and the ones I want to be favourites 🙄) and their CPU usage and other info anyway, so I had the idea of creating a bunch of different mixing „environments“ where I group plugins by what fits together in terms of aesthetics or sound signature.

Every one of those environments could only have a limited number of plugins of each type (like, two „fast“ and two „slow“ or bus compressors and what not) and all the environments are built so I'll have to work around limitations and find clever or at least more complicated solutions.

I‘m very much looking forward to doing the same with synths and sample libraries once I find the time.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

16 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Well Tape MKII has been out for a while now and certainly wouldn't recommend dragging a corner on it

These are not special routing functions, with basic VST3 compatibility they should all work fine in Cakewalk.  

image.thumb.png.c62d8d5bcedce233541fc53ad0db471b.png

You have tried vst 2 and a different, earlier version if you are on the latest?

I don't use Cakewalk so I can't check.

15 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

You have tried vst 2 and a different, earlier version if you are on the latest?

I don't use Cakewalk so I can't check.

Nope, haven't tried VST2 yet as I always avoid installing both when there is a VST3 option.

Given that Steinberg Discontinued VST2, I figure the emphasis from devs should be VST3 (even though it can have some "quirks")

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

I run into the luxury problem of „too many choices“ all the time, either resulting in being overwhelmed or never checking out stuff I bought and using regular old stuff instead.

Last weekend, I was quite inspired by VenusTheory's video about choice paralysis where he and others basically came to the unanimous conclusion that creativity is sparked best by having to work around constraints.

I have a list of my favourite basic plugins (and the ones I want to be favourites 🙄) and their CPU usage and other info anyway, so I had the idea of creating a bunch of different mixing „environments“ where I group plugins by what fits together in terms of aesthetics or sound signature.

Every one of those environments could only have a limited number of plugins of each type (like, two „fast“ and two „slow“ or bus compressors and what not) and all the environments are built so I'll have to work around limitations and find clever or at least more complicated solutions.

I‘m very much looking forward to doing the same with synths and sample libraries once I find the time.

Most of the time less is more.

• Like 1