So I watched this Creative Sauce Vid" And then in the notes there was this:

"Hey folks, I probably didn’t make clear in the video - you DO need to update to version 2024.02, if you wish to continue using the free version of Cakewalk. Earlier versions will cease to activate in the future"!

But my Cakewalk says I'm up to date with version 29.9.0.98

Has anyone down loaded the product center yet?

On my lappy under Help>about it says it's version number is 2024.02 build 098.

If I check for updates it says the latest version is 29.9.0.98 and I am up to date.

CPC says 29.9.0.98 dated 23 Feb 24.

I guess the two numbers must be the same thing, but it might not be, or it could be sometimes and not others. It might be the last version, but it might not be and you might only be able to use it until the new one is out, or maybe for a long time afterwards. Or forever. Or only for a month, but anyway it's not out yet, but it is and the version that is out is not a beta, but it's not released yet anyway, although it sort of is, but not really and it's finished but there's an update coming soon, even though there's nothing to update because it's finished but not released, although some features haven't been added yet. 

This is what I've learnt from the communications provided by the people who are supposed to know.

HTH.

Edited by paulo
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, paulo said:

If I check for updates it says the latest version is 29.9.0.98 and I am up to date.

Same here.

I just used the Cakewalk Product Center to update and this is what it shows:

Product_Center.jpg.43341d6729a033b4730452445a101eb1.jpg

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Ditto Here

Footnote:  I don't think we know at the moment which version will truly be the last version of CbB that we will all need once Cakewalk Sonar is released.  

Why do I bring this up?  Because (in part) of the discussion here:

An issue was identified in CbB build 098 that several people verified was new to build 098 (i.e., not in 096 or previous builds).  We were told there was a fix, but it was unclear when it would be available.  I have absolutely no reason to doubt that.

At this point, I think it's premature of CbB users to say what build will be the last CbB version that will  enable anyone who wants to continue to use CbB. 

• Like 1